close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

accidently deleted some widows 2000 and internet explorer file?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SENEN_NIEVES, Dec 9, 2005.

1. SENEN_NIEVES

SENEN_NIEVES Millennium Member

Aug 14, 1999
    Dumfries, Virginia
    I recentlydownloaded sysmatec firewall plus and scan virus thru comcast my internet provider, while i was scaning my harddrive it found alot of adware and spyware files, as i cleaned them and deleted them , i accidently deleted some files from internet explorer, and maybe some windows 2000 files, now when i try to get on the internet and and click the internet explorer icon i get and error message, can you help me.;g ;g ;g ;g ;g

2. tna55

tna55

Apr 14, 2003
    Las Vegas NV
    You can check the recycle bin, it's possible they are still there. Kinda doubt it though. Also, if you are running ME or XP you can do a system restore to a restore point prior to the deletion.

3. AS45-70

AS45-70

Oct 31, 2005
    So Cal
    True but only if he created a restore point in the first place. If i am not mistaken windows doesnt do auto restore points, you need to manually do them. I usually do one ever two or three months. It has come in handy at least two times.

AS

4. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

Feb 15, 2002
    CA
    Reinstalling IE should fix it. As far as Windows 2000 goes...hopefully you're ok. If you start getting a ton of crazy errors you may need to do a repair install of Windows 2000.