close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Accidental gunfire at Dallas Walmart injures four, gun owner had permit

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TBO, Jul 25, 2012.

1. king_John_I

king_John_I Glock Armorer

Jun 21, 2012
  2. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Obvious questions:
    • Where was the holster located?

• What kind of holster?

• What make of firearm?

3. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    What do you mean by your observation?

4. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Figures the guy was from Waco.

Sent from 31.30.6912 -97.07.7736

5. Chris Chris

Chris Chris

Jul 2, 2010
    Florida
    It would be interesting to know the make of gun. Modern guns aren't supposed to fire if they are just dropped onto a hard surface.

It would be interesting to know what carry position and holster he was using that caused his reaching for his wallet to cause is handgun to dislodge and fall from its holster.

It would be interesting to know why.... if I read the article link correctly... that he fled the scene after the ND.

It would be interesting to know what type of... if any... training he actually had in regards to carrying a concealed handgun.

The 2nd Ammendment is a GREAT THING... but there are some folks that may not be ready to embrace it safely.... and they tend to make things difficult for those of us who can and do.

6. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Thanks for the headsup, jph02.

Certain topics are often discussed in multiple forums so that different perspectives can be explored.

:cool:

7. The guy is in a WORLD OF HURT.

Evading arrest, child endangerment.....

Stupid stupid stupid.

Either he packed a non-drop safe gun or he grabbed at it and set it off. And I suspect no holster.

He was 23 and I bet was not long into CHL carrying.

If he is lucky, real lucky, it will be pleaded down to misdemeanors and no felony record.

But he will pay lots of $$ to lawyers and some jail time.

Deaf

8. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Guy needs to be convicted of something with a greater than 1 year in jail punishment so we don't have to worry about him ever being able to do it again.

9. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

10. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    He was legally negligent, and I suspect lawyers for the victims will go after the gun manufacturer for negligent design of a firearm whether they have a good case or not. With so many tort lawyers ready to take a case like this on consignment why not roll the dice?

I get some heat from time-to-time for normally carrying without a round chambered (I l live a staid life, with a very normal routine) and this is one of the reasons why I do. I never Mexican carry but there are just too many confessions by GT members on how they suffered an ND for me to ignore. I'll err on the side of safety and hope if the miniscule chance that I'll ever need to defend myself occurs I'll have the extra second to rack the slide.

11. Creatism

Creatism

Dec 25, 2011
    Watched the news feed, appears to an xd, which is not a crap gun. The other parts absolutely.

Typed from my iPhone with my thumbs!!

12. jhmayhem

jhmayhem

May 11, 2007
    WA
    If I am remembering correctly, in fact I think I read the stories on this forum, there seems to be a surprising amount of NDs in Walmart stores. I don't know what it is about that place that always seems to attract the dimmest of our society.

13. The guy is 23 years old. I don't want to give him a felony conviction if he has a clean record.

People make mistakes. Don't destroy his life unless he as made other big errors before (and getting a CHL he had no felonies and no A & B misdemeanors in 5 years (and at 23 that goes back to 18.)

He screwed up with a XD (I bet he grabbed it, disabling the grip safety, and touched the trigger.)

Deaf

14. beatcop

beatcop

Aug 13, 2003
    New England
    XD, hmmmm

Perhaps he tried to grab it as it fell?

15. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Now wait a minute. According to the article:

The gun fell from his holster and went off? But the bullet grazed the CCW guy in the back of the leg and then hit the floor and injured others?