close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

? About Oakdale

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

for those of you that's been there. how's the access to the range? what i'm getting at would it be OK to take my wifes car and not have a problem getting stuck, driving in water, and mud? there are a few ranges i shoot at that is alot better for me to drive my car or truck to.

2. Rastus

Rastus

You won't have any problems taking a car.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Ample parking Ed and easy access...you will park once and walk to everything.....a little more sprawled out than Indy.....I believe plates is to the east....M is in the middle and the 5 to Glock is near sign up...that was about 4 years ago :supergrin: Oh by the way If I remember the 5 to Glock D1s are set extremely high due to the hits wanting to hit berms,,,:supergrin:

4. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

I shoot at oakdale about two or three times a week, what day are you shooting?

I should be there sunday I think. My brother's wedding is Saturday, so it might be kind of hairy. If not, I'll definitely be around for food afterwards.

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i'll shoot on satuday and after i'm done try to get in a few hours driving towards home and then stay somewhere saturday nite and finish the trip sunday.

6. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

Ah too bad. I'd say dinner Saturday too, but I'm going to be occupied.

7. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Sorry I'll miss you this time Ed, not shootin' till Sunday; looks like I'll have another excuse to make it south again this year. :supergrin:

8. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

How far south and how many times? We have Anderson, Conyers, Pensacola and Orlando just to mention a few.;)

9. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Living where I do south is a very relative term & takes in most of the contiguous US. Until I retire in... ah, never mind.

Lexington will still be the furthest southeast I'll be headed this year if it works out. The following year is when I'd really like to take a vacation to go look up some old haunts in west TX and, along the way, take in the Lubbock match, completing the loop by meandering on up to Lexington. Butch is a meandering kinda guy (being actually retired & all), maybe I could talk him into coming along... :headscratch: (Something a bit more leisurely than doing Brighton & Hallsville the same weekend.)

:patriot:

10. ede

ede Bama's Friend

dinner friday? i know me dennis, and edwin will all be there friday, think we're all going to be at the same motel near the range.

11. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

That would probably work. I'll PM you my info later on.

12. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Tim and Ed...Edwin just pm'd me and suggested dinner friday night as well...anyone familar with the area...Tim something close to the Holiday Inn.....???? :supergrin:

13. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

Which holiday inn are you guys staying at?

If it's the Holiday Inn Express in Woodbury, there is pretty much anything you could want over there. Including a sportsman's warehouse with extremely nice powder prices.

For food there's a Don Pablos(good mex, not spicy), A couple sports bar/grill type places, as well as some other chain-type places.

About 5 minutes away, there's a Sgt. Pepper's grill, which has excellent burgers. It's just up the road from where the range is, if you guys wanted to scout that out.

If you're at a different holiday, I'd have to check around.

14. ede

ede Bama's Friend

we're all at the holiday inn in woodbury. since you know the area why don't you pick, and make it easy for an out of towner to find. where is this sportsman wearhouse at?

edit to fix typo

15. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

It should be real close to your hotel.

You can look up the address of the Woodbury location and get a map. I don't know exactly where your hotel is, but the store should be within 2 miles. It's either on the exit with the hotel, or one more exit up the highway.

I'd probably say Chili's for dinner, it's basically in the parking lot of sportsman's warehouse. They're open til 9pm I believe on Fridays.

16. ede

ede Bama's Friend

ok sounds good to me, now we need a time, 7pm ought to work. not sure when dennis and edwin will be getting there. if 7pm isn't a good time it can be changed.

tim does dennis or ed know you, since i don't. anyone else going to show up for dinner besides our small group?

17. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Ed and Tim...sounds good to me...since Indiana decided to change it's clocks I should be there with more than enough time...We will see about Edwin....pick your place to eat and we will do it ....I'm a party of one ...I think Edwin has his wife.:supergrin:

18. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

I'll have to check with my fiance and her parents to see who can babysit at what times, then I'll check back. 7pm should be fine though.

As far as I know it will just be me, I'll try to stand out, so you won't have any problem finding me.

19. ERR

ERR

Dennis, Ed, Tim - Put me down for 2. 7 PM Friday works for us, let us know the place. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Edwin

20. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I've been to:

MO - it was around 90+

TX - it was around 75

FL - it was around 75

IN - it was around 90

Is everyone prepared for around 100 in the North Star State.

Just curious, people don't generally consider us a hot state.