close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! What does everyone on here use to upload their pics?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by skippz, Aug 9, 2010.

1. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    Trying to find a sweet site that I can use to upload pics of range reports and so on and so far had no luck whatsoever. I did photobucket but when I try to save my uploaded images it says" Oops, the url seems to be broken" What the H-E-Double hockeysticks does that mean? Tried shutterfly and managed to get thumbnails uploaded on here but can't get them any bigger!!! Grr... please any help would be appreciated.

2. GamerGirl

GamerGirl 100% Relevant

Aug 3, 2010
    I use photobucket.

Have you tried googling your problem?

3. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    a little bit but I kinda just tried other sites... thanks for the advice though

4. buckhunter3987

buckhunter3987

Nov 2, 2004
    Jawja
    in photobucket all you have to do is copy the VB code under the picture in your gallery. I think its the 3rd one down, starts with [​IMG]

5. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Kentucky
  6. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    imageshack is the one I went w/... thanks all!!!

7. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Mar 25, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    I prefer dropbox. I'm too lazy to upload a ton of pics so I just drop them into my dropbox folder and then link them from there. As a bonus they're backed up online automagically.

8. photobucket is the suck. too many times, uploaded pix linked from here exceed PB's bandwidth limit and go dark.

imageshack.us works just fine.

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I've never had a problem w/ Photobucket. If you use their paid service, you get unlimited bandwidth, and their "unlimited account is cheaper than imageshak's...

IGF

10. Couple thoughts:

1) How big are the image files you are trying to upload? I think most photo hosting sites will automatically re-size large images, but wouldn't surprise me if they didn't and they are rejecting your images because they are too big.

2) What type of internet connection do you have and what is the speed? Perhaps your internet connection is timing out & having an issue with the upload.

11. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Kentucky
    +10000

There are countless forums with dead image links, and they are all from photobucket...

12. brausso

brausso

Mar 7, 2010
    Puget Sound
    I would suggest Picasa (owned by google)

13. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I don't know how this could be Photobucket's fault. You can go back and find PB links that I've posted over the years, and they are still there, unless I've either deleted them or I've exceeded my bandwidth on a free account...

If you think PB is crap, then so be it, but suggesting its crap because you find dead PB links, is nonsense. It could simply mean the user has deleted the images, exceeded their free bandwidth, or just flat out canceled their account.

IGF

14. PAID SERVICE. You said it. Most do not use a paid service.

I use imageshacks free service and my linked pix NEVER go dark. As the poster above said, all the dark links are photobuckets and we are talking about recent threads.

15. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    That's my point, I don't use their paid service either.... my images have never went dark, other than when I deleted or moved them. Their paid service however, is considerably cheaper than the other options.

IGF

16. GlocksterPaulie

GlocksterPaulie Perfectionist

Dec 16, 2003
    Damned if I know
    Listen to IGF he knows his tech ****. I think he is really Bill Gates.

Paulie:tongueout:

17. I "love" that word !!! I used it quite frequently in the past; my boss hated it though; probably 'cuz he was an eye-dee-ten-tee PICNIC. :wow:

18. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    If it's something that you aren't wanting to keep for yourself online then use tinypic.com It's main function in life is to host pics for message boards. No bandwidth cap, heck you don't even have to sign up for an account of any kind, just upload the pics. Privacy obviously isn't much, but if your posting it on a message board that doesn't matter much anyways.