close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

AA Kit for Rimfire Matches

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by tnd2, Oct 25, 2013.

1. tnd2

tnd2

Jan 31, 2012
    So i've been shooting the local indoor IDPA matches and was looking at their others matches and wanted to try another discipline also.
    They run Bullseye and also the Ruger Rimfire, I know Bullseye would help greatly with trigger control but I was thinking the Ruger Rimfire would work on movement and speed at acquiring the target.

Bullseye is scored off accuracy with a time limit, where speed and hitting an 8" metal target gets the job done in the Ruger events.

So I was wondering how accurate the Advantage Arms kit are with the suggested ammo? 25yds is the range limit, so getting to the point, has anybody checked grouping with their kit? and on which size frame?

I snagged some AA G19 mags, so I would prefer to use my G19, but if you have multiple kits and the full size kits out perform the compact kits I have a full size frame as well.

Thanks guys, I did a search but the ammo/reliability discussion seems to be the norm and not accuracy.

2. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Feb 19, 2013
    The following is a quote from the Advantage Arms website FAQ:

What type of accuracy can I expect from my conversion kit?
    Most of our customers report 2 inch groups at 25 yards.

3. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    I shoot an AA G26 kit and found it to be pretty accurate.

I don't get 2" groups but at 25 yards I can draw and fire two rounds consistently in the 10 ring on a BT-5W target.
    http://www.americantargetcompany.com/BT_5W_target.asp

I guess that the 2" groups would be fired from a rest for accuracy.

Since you've already searched on reliability I would suggest you buy the highest quality target ammo you can find that will cycle your pistol. I use Remington Golden Bullets or CCI Mini-Mags. They all have duds, so I also get practice clearing the round. This would be bad if you are on the move and firing in competition.

Dave

4. I think that is a little optimistic. But at our club we have a rimfire plate rack. Disks are about 4" in diameter. It generally takes me 6-7 shots to knock down 5 plates at 25 yards off hand.

8" plates at 25 yards would not be a problem. But I don't think my AA kit is accurate enough for bullseye competition.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    I have an AA kit for my G20. Accuracy is not the reason to get one because it isn't that great. I wouldn't even bet on always getting 2 inch groups at 10 yards from a rest, and certainly never at 25.

In Yoda speak: A target pistol for competition, the AA kits are not.

6. tnd2

tnd2

Jan 31, 2012
    Sounds like buying an AA kit for close in defense practice, and giving it a shot at the plates would be reasonable. But not bullseye or any distance shots.
    Thanks for everybodies comments.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

7. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    In order of accuracy, what I have....

Ruger Slabside with scope, It is as accurate as ME.
    S&W revolver, it is as accurate as I can be with iron sights.
    Way down the list, my AA kits.

8. Mattkcc

Mattkcc

Dec 21, 2010
    I run an AA kit on my Gen 2 23 and it is very accurate, I may have got lucky but it keeps up with my Buckmark. I just ordered another kit for my 26 in the hope that someday Golden Bullets and Mini Mags will be available someday.

9. I run one on my G23 (Gen 3) and have found it to be amazingly accurate. It is nothing to hit my 4" swinging target well in excess of 25 yards. We have even been on at 60 shooting at 10 plates

2" groups at 25 yards is not difficult at all.

Quality piece.

10. Sgt.K

Sgt.K They Just Work!

Jan 11, 2000
    Kentucky, USA
    My G17 kit is aluminum can accurate at 25 yards. I'd say the bigger issue is reliability, not so much the kit but ammo. Mine prefers the Rem Golden.

[​IMG]

11. Golden Bullets are the most reliable. Just scored 1525 today......woooohooooo