close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AA Kit for Rimfire Matches

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by tnd2, Oct 25, 2013.

1. tnd2

tnd2
    Expand Collapse

So i've been shooting the local indoor IDPA matches and was looking at their others matches and wanted to try another discipline also.
    They run Bullseye and also the Ruger Rimfire, I know Bullseye would help greatly with trigger control but I was thinking the Ruger Rimfire would work on movement and speed at acquiring the target.

Bullseye is scored off accuracy with a time limit, where speed and hitting an 8" metal target gets the job done in the Ruger events.

So I was wondering how accurate the Advantage Arms kit are with the suggested ammo? 25yds is the range limit, so getting to the point, has anybody checked grouping with their kit? and on which size frame?

I snagged some AA G19 mags, so I would prefer to use my G19, but if you have multiple kits and the full size kits out perform the compact kits I have a full size frame as well.

Thanks guys, I did a search but the ammo/reliability discussion seems to be the norm and not accuracy.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock
    Expand Collapse

The following is a quote from the Advantage Arms website FAQ:

What type of accuracy can I expect from my conversion kit?
    Most of our customers report 2 inch groups at 25 yards.

3. Dave.1

Dave.1
    Expand Collapse

I shoot an AA G26 kit and found it to be pretty accurate.

I don't get 2" groups but at 25 yards I can draw and fire two rounds consistently in the 10 ring on a BT-5W target.
    http://www.americantargetcompany.com/BT_5W_target.asp

I guess that the 2" groups would be fired from a rest for accuracy.

Since you've already searched on reliability I would suggest you buy the highest quality target ammo you can find that will cycle your pistol. I use Remington Golden Bullets or CCI Mini-Mags. They all have duds, so I also get practice clearing the round. This would be bad if you are on the move and firing in competition.

Dave

4. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

I think that is a little optimistic. But at our club we have a rimfire plate rack. Disks are about 4" in diameter. It generally takes me 6-7 shots to knock down 5 plates at 25 yards off hand.

8" plates at 25 yards would not be a problem. But I don't think my AA kit is accurate enough for bullseye competition.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.

#4 vafish, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. Brian Lee

Brian Lee
    Expand Collapse
    Drop those nuts

I have an AA kit for my G20. Accuracy is not the reason to get one because it isn't that great. I wouldn't even bet on always getting 2 inch groups at 10 yards from a rest, and certainly never at 25.

In Yoda speak: A target pistol for competition, the AA kits are not.

6. tnd2

tnd2
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like buying an AA kit for close in defense practice, and giving it a shot at the plates would be reasonable. But not bullseye or any distance shots.
    Thanks for everybodies comments.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

7. RWBlue

RWBlue
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. CISSP, CISA
    CLM

In order of accuracy, what I have....

Ruger Slabside with scope, It is as accurate as ME.
    S&W revolver, it is as accurate as I can be with iron sights.
    Way down the list, my AA kits.

8. Mattkcc

Mattkcc
    Expand Collapse

I run an AA kit on my Gen 2 23 and it is very accurate, I may have got lucky but it keeps up with my Buckmark. I just ordered another kit for my 26 in the hope that someday Golden Bullets and Mini Mags will be available someday.

9. allegro

allegro
    Expand Collapse

I run one on my G23 (Gen 3) and have found it to be amazingly accurate. It is nothing to hit my 4" swinging target well in excess of 25 yards. We have even been on at 60 shooting at 10 plates

2" groups at 25 yards is not difficult at all.

Quality piece.

10. Sgt.K

Sgt.K
    Expand Collapse
    They Just Work!

My G17 kit is aluminum can accurate at 25 yards. I'd say the bigger issue is reliability, not so much the kit but ammo. Mine prefers the Rem Golden.

[​IMG]

11. allegro

allegro
    Expand Collapse

Golden Bullets are the most reliable. Just scored 1525 today......woooohooooo