close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A Test For Old Kids

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by pupcuss27, Mar 5, 2008.

1. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

May 13, 2007
    INDY, USA
    :fred:

I was picky who I sent this to. It had to be those who might actually remember.

The answers are printed below, but don't you cheat.

After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?________________.

When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on The _______________ Show.

"Get your kicks, ___________________."

"The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed___________________."

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________."

After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we "danced" under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the "_____________."

"N_E_S_T_L_E_S", Nestle's makes the very best....... _______________."

Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.

Red Skelton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and "________ ________".

Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.

The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW . What other names did it go by? __________ & ____________.

In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a son g about, "the day the music died."This was a tribute to ___________________.

We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ________________ !

ANSWERS:

01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.

02. The Ed Sullivan Show

03. On Route 66

04. To protect the innocent.

05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight

06. The limbo

07. Chocolate

08. Louis Armstrong

09. The Timex watch

10. Freddy, The Freeloader,and "Good Night,and may God Bless."

11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned.)

12. Beetle or Bug

13. Buddy Holly

14. Sputnik

15. Hoola-hoop

Send this to your "old" friends. It will drive them crazy! And, keep them busy and let them forget their aches and pains for a few minutes.

A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't. :supergrin:

2. Navy HMC

Navy HMC

Oct 23, 2005
    Piped ashore
    Oh crap, I didn't think I was old, but I got all of 'em right. Damn, I'm getting old!

3. grayelky

grayelky

Aug 8, 2006
    Metro Atlanta
    I know I'm getting old. I know all of them.
    HOWEVER
    I could only remember 13 of them!