A short P7 range review.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by nathanours, Jul 5, 2014.

1. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Hello everyone,

A few months ago I picked up a nice P7M8. I haven't really shot it much since I've been working on revolvers lately.

I really wanted to post this since my first 5 shots were quite possibly some of the best I've ever done with any handgun in terms of grouping and being centered.

The gun is actually a little snappy feeling, but oddly enough the sights really don't seem to move of target much at all compared to my other similarly sized 9mm guns during rapid fire. It's more snappy feeling than my G19 and P226, but I am back on target more quickly with the P7 by a significant amount of time.

The trigger is excellent and has a very short reset as well. I've heard people talk about these guns getting hot quickly, and I wanted to see for myself. I fired 200 rounds through 5 magazines doing mostly rapid fire drills. The gun got pretty warm, but in no way to a point where it was bothersome.

Any of you have similar experiences with your P7s? As always I'd love to see your pics as well!

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    M&Pc range report....the long and the short of it! TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club Jul 7, 2015
    Short range trip with P226! TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club Jun 20, 2015
    Has anyone here ever seen or used CCI's "Short Range Green" .22LR ammo? Rimfire Forum Jun 18, 2015
    Esstac KYWI triple shorty, HSGI chest rig, dump pouches - ranger green / OD Gun Parts & Accessories Apr 14, 2015
    147 Ranger T in short barrel Caliber Corner Oct 4, 2014

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Congrats.

The additional heat shield on the M8 helped a little bit.

4. Accurate shooting from a very nice gun.

5. Awesome, Nathan

Yeah, the M8 has the heat shield. However, I never found the gun to get overly hot in the first place. I've also done some rapid fire with mine in the past.

6. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

Very nice. The grips look very nice too. Do they add any width over the factory?

7. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

The P7 is my favorite pistol.
    Simple. Accurate. Compact. And as safe as you can get from and unintended discharge.

I had a P7m13 (I should have kept THAT one) that got warm but not hot.

I had a PSP (precursor to the P7) that got blazing hot right above the trigger at about 75 rounds.

I love the wood grips on yours.

I would like to get one just like yours and actually keep it..... someday.

The PSP:
    [​IMG]

#6 DustyJacket, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  8. nathanours

nathanours Texan

They definitely add a little width, but to be honest I bought the gun with them on there, and although I have the original grips I've never put them on the gun. These are about as thin toward the edges, but have more of a palm swell.

9. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Thanks! The one I've got is one of the pretty early ones made in 85. It's also got no import stamp and the fat trigger.

10. This is one of my 97 PSP's, dressed in Nills. These "PSP" marked guns were commercial imports, somewhat rare.

Congrats on your P7M8. I carry mine regularly. Absolutely love it!

#9 vtducrider, Jul 5, 2014
  11. I have a P7 2nd Generation with out the shield. It will get hot but doesn't really bother me. And yes they are very accurate and point very naturally. Yours looks really nice, congrats on your HK. Good shooting!
    Here's mine. 1985 production.

[​IMG]

#10 got2hav1, Jul 5, 2014
  12. nathanours

nathanours Texan

That's really cool, mine is an 85 also. I wonder how close to each other they were made.

13. Nathan, I will look at the serial number later and PM you. Its in the safe now.

#12 got2hav1, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Fixed barrel guns tend to have better intrinsic mechanical accuracy.

15. Those are really cool looking!!!

16. 8-Ball

8-Ball Drifting Cowboy

Very nice! I've always been interested in the P7.

Can you (or anyone) describe the trigger a little more specifically, please? Weight, LOP, creep, etc.

17. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Decently light weight, but not quite SA Smith light, maybe around 4-5 lbs if I had to make a rough guess. The LOP is pretty short and is consistent throughout before the brake.

18. 8-Ball

8-Ball Drifting Cowboy

You would really be helping my bank account if you were to just say "terrible". :supergrin:

Thanks for the reply. :wavey:

19. Berto

Berto woo woo

Envious. I really want one of those things.

20. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

that's what the P7 was designed for, welcome