close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A question for the Republicans on board.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ysr_racer, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    These terms are confusing. If left and right refer to collectivism and free market capitalism respectively then why do we need to lump social issues in one side or the other. The GOP could move further right economically and lighten up on the social/religious issues. No one is saying they need to become democrats. I'm libertarian and want the GOP to mover further away from the democrats.

2. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
    Well, Romney was for it, before he was against it. Hence the moniker "flip-flopper".

3. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    I dont think anyone is for abolishing christianity, just the legislating it onto others. It is entirely possible to be a person of faith while respecting other peoples freedoms.

4. Well I lost track of his flip/flops so I may have missed it.... Can you give specific references to what he said when & where?

5. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Nobody from the Repubs has ever tried to force anything onto idiots like you, or anyone. :tongueout:

6. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
    Apparently not.

I don't mean to disagree, but there seems to be issues the "religious right" will not compromise or sell out. I was surprised when I learned they didn't come out to vote. It was encouraging and frustrating at the same time.

7. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    tldr. Yessir... too many fags, sluts and colonists. Gotta roll with the punches.

8. jame

jame mange takk

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    Guys, I really do believe we need to be how we can pull people up, not how we can push them out.

I'm an evangelical Lutheran. But my faith does not dictate my politics. I voted for Romney because of his fiscal policy, period.

Being specifically excluded probably wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I can think of hundreds of others that might make it a big deal, and that's just in my small rural community.

We need to quit focusing on who to exclude or include next time. We need to focus on how we can help pull everyone up to prosperity.

9. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    Unfortunately you might be right. 58% of republicans still believe in biblical creationism and 31% believe God guided evolution. What the GOP really needs is education.

10. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Yeah, an education on how to deal with threats. The muslim world should have been a sheet of glass by 9-12-2001. Even a Dem knew when to pull the trigger... (Harry)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  11. "I want to eliminate planned parenthood".

The chances of that ever happening are almost zero so why even say it? It was a pointless and dumb statement that cost him an ass load of votes.

12. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Mitt_Romney#Abortion

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  13. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Point. Set. Match. HH

14. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    You can continue to be "smart" and lose more freedoms everyday or realize those of faith don't pose a threat to you and cultivate their support...

15. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    You might be right. I guess someone needs to do some research to figure out how the GOP can optimize voter turnout. Maybe a certain number of evangelicals will vote republican no matter what and the GOP can make up the difference with independent or minority votes. Maybe the evangelical base is still so large and stubborn that ignoring everyone else is the best strategy. That's really a question for mathematicians. It's sad they have to pander to the lowest common denominator.

16. Please don't confuse this discussion with facts.

17. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    fify!

18. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Hmm, trying to force our women to not be able to make decisions for themselves by making abortion illegal. Trying to force schools to only teach creationism, instead of also teaching evolution. Trying to force schools to not educate the kids about contraceptives, and force them to only teach abstinence. The list really does go on and on.

19. Harper

Harper

Aug 10, 2010
    The evangelicals do pose a threat to liberty.

20. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Not a chance. But you go on making a fool out of yourself...

:rofl: