close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A question for the Republicans on board.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ysr_racer, Nov 11, 2012.

1. jame

jame mange takk

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    If they did indeed stay home, you've already ditched them.

Congratulations.

2. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
    I wonder about that. I never held Romney's religion against him, his liberalism was enough, but I cannot help but wonder how it played to a group who didn't show up on election day.

3. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Aug 9, 2008
    Kansas
    Yeah this is exactly what the left wants. Devision.

4. SMOKEin

SMOKEin

Feb 23, 2007
    Texas
    Agreed.

5. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Not like you could win with them either. :rofl:

6. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Yeah, those losses in 2000 and 2004 really hurt...

:upeyes:

7. Actually, I think the republicans already did ditch the religious right wing. John McCain rejected the endorsement of John Hagee in 2008 and sought the votes of moderate liberals, and Mitt Romney, a known liberal, didn't exactly reach out to the religious right wing.

So, how did that work out for the republicans? Oh, wait, they lost both times.

Yeah, that's it, ditch the religious right wing. Keep up the losing streak.

8. IceAxe

IceAxe

Oct 22, 2012
    Rocky Mountains
    I have to laugh at these sort of discussions; the fact is that the republican party needs the Christians a lot more than the Christians need the republican party.

9. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    The really funny thing is that idiots like you want to throw away millions of votes for Repubs. To gain thousands of votes by liberals/progressives/Jewish/libertarians...

:rofl:

10. Apparently so. Whenever the republican party goes it alone, they lose.

I wonder who these folks think is behind the TEA Party?

11. Well, we obviously need to try something else, because what we're doing isn't working.

12. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Got to mostly agree with Sporarticus. But politicians cannot heal our land no matter what party they belong to.

Here's the real solution IMO.

II Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

As long as we advocate abortion, homosexuality, illegal drugs, fornication, denial of God, etc., this land will continue to suffer.

Despite claims to the contrary, this nation was founded upon the principles of the Bible. Only God can heal this land. Today we are going the way of the ancient Israelites when they turned against God at times. If we are too dumb to learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it.

Flame suit on.

13. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

Feb 28, 2003
    Finally made 1000 posts
    Truth is the flame suit. But it's not what they want to hear.

14. Yeah, Romney came out against gay marriage, abortion, planned parenthood, contraception, etc. Howd that pan out for us?

15. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

No one is advocating the elimination of Christianity. :upeyes:

Religion in govt results in the Taliban regardless of whether they are Muslim or Baptists.

16. Interesting theory, what do you propose to do with people that don't follow "your" G-d, like me for instance?

17. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    No he didn't. More importantly he snubbed the religious right at the convention and he was a Mormon. Ignoring the evangelical right will always get the Repubs a loss...

You can't narrow the group that makes up the Republican Party and expect to win.

18. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

May 22, 2002
    Portage, MI
    Maybe there do there. Here 90% of the Latinos I come into contact with are paying with food stamps. So it might be a regional thing.

19. jame

jame mange takk

Apr 6, 2002
    Central Iowa
    I think we need to keep in mind that Romney's big push was the economy and jobs.

He was pushed into the defense by the media bigs. I don't think he, (or we, for that matter) really wanted a dog in that fight this time.

20. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    The funny thing about people like me is that I don't want to force my beliefs on other people, and I'm not at all surprised when a Republican loses. :tongueout:

And if it amounted to throwing away thousands of right wing conservative votes to only gain a few thousand liberal votes, then why didn't those millions of votes count in the election? Why did we piss off the women and the minorities and not count on our millions of right wing conservative votes to still pull us through and win?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012