A question for the Republicans on board.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ysr_racer, Nov 11, 2012.

1. I maintain that until the Republicans ditch the Christian Conservative nonsense, we'll never win another election.

When I'm talking to my fellow Republicans, none of them ever mentions abortion, birth control, gay marriage, or marijuana.

The times have changed, if we don't, we'll end up like the dinosaurs. They were unwilling to change too.

What say you?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I agree 100%.

3. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

I've been saying it for a long time.

4. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

I see it a different way. They contine to run moderate liberals and lose. The moderate liberals they lost with include Bush 41, Bob Dole, John McCain, and Mitt Romney. GWB only won because of Klinton fatigue, a lousy opponent, good lawyers, and fear of terrorists.

The republicans won't win until they run a conservative who can bring out the base.

5. Yes sir communists want to do is eliminate Christianity.

6. Sporaticus..I agree 100%.. We continue to kill our own and the oppostion sits back and laugh.

7. There are very many Republicans who are evangelicals. If you alienate them, it'll do more harm to the party than good.

#8 arclight610, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  8. You want to totally gut the republican party (which isn't a bad idea the way it's been run lately), then go right ahead.

9. Holy crap are you guys out of touch with reality.

We're screwed if we keep up the religious nonsense.

Religion has NO place in modern politics. If you think some big scary guy that lives in the sky controls your life, step way from the voting machine.

10. The Republican leadership will have to make a political calculation.

They may need the evangelicals to win. You need a big tent to win.

11. Maybe the White House should not be the ultimate target, but instead the house and senate. Too much focus was given to Mitt and the other races suffered for it. With the house and senate secured, the WH is effectively controlled as well.

12. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Agreed. A true conservative has an ambiguous public faith. HH

13. Very agree!

I hate the current republican party. I only vote that way due to them being closer to me than the Dems.

14. Romney lost because he, and a few other Republicans, which tarnished his name, pissed off women, and the minorities didn't like his stance on immigration.

I agree with you ysr, if Republicans don't drop all the women/gay/minority hating, they'll never win an election. It's really not that hard to fathom why you lost when you piss off the exact people you need to help you win.

15. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

I want someone fiscally conservative who keeps the governement out of peoples lives. I dont want someone who cries about how our moral fabric is tearing apart because gays can marry. Someone who stands up for constitutional values and leaves the church out of law.

16. Yep, what he said.

17. Who needs the Dems? We eat our own.

18. jame

jame mange takk

I think it's too early to make any big leaps without some serious consideration and deliberation.

While I might concur that the current evangelicals groups (of which I am a member) have too much pull, I also have to point out that the Republican party was very soundly rejected by the Latino community, a group that places high value on faith and family. Immigration may have played a larger role in their decision.

I'm not purposefully disagreeing with anyone yet, but I'm not agreeing either.

I think we need just a little time to think.

#19 jame, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  19. bingo!!
    was jst saying the same thing to another a few days ago..
    :wavey: