close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A question for the Catholics and Assassin's Creed 2 spoilers.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Ogreon, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Ogreon

Ogreon unlisted

Oct 3, 2006
    If you might play the game and don't want it spoiled, DO NOT read this question.

This is a serious question. It is not about bashing Catholics. It is not about bashing video games. Even though I played it on Xbox, it is not about bashing Playstation either.

At the end of the game the player's character has a vicious brawl with the game's main villain - Roderigo Borgia (Pope Alexander VI). He is portrayed as a man who has contempt for the Catholic faith and repudiates it.

Is this offensive to Catholics? Is it offensive to you? Are you neutral? Do you figure this is reasonable take given the known history of the man?

2. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

Jan 15, 2003
    Nebraska
    I asked my girlfriend, who is Catholic, her opinion on this. Her response was something to the effect of "you're kidding, right? It's a video game. Anyone offended by a video game needs to get a life".