close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Question About Gen4 Sear Plates!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Arc Angel, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Awhile ago I would swear I read a GT thread that said new Gen4 trigger bars had the, 'sear tab' (The part of the sear plate that actually makes contact with the striker lug) more sharply bent upward and were slightly longer than the older 3rd generation trigger bars.

Am I hallucinating or did I, somehow, get this mixed up? Do the tabs on Gen4 trigger bars have more of an angle to them; or are they slightly longer? Believe me, I've looked for the original thread; but, so far, I haven't been able to find it.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

PS: Yes, I already know about the addition of a, 'bump' on Gen4 FP safety cams. I have a similar bump on my 3rd generation G-21 trigger bars. In fact as one of these G-21's approaches 20,000 fired rounds, I've also noticed very slight peening that - while not identical to the peening that occurs on many G-22's - seems to be caused by the same recoil vibration anomaly.

I'm, also, aware of the new, 'bent tails' on Gen4 trigger bars, too. What I can't find any information on is the sear tabs.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Arc,

I'm off to run a GSSF Indoor Match. If no one posts a picture before I return tonight, then I will take and post a photo for you.

3. bentbiker

bentbiker

4. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Just to mix up things a bit, here is a shot of the 4256-1- on top from a G30SF, and a 4256-1 from a G21 Gen4:

[​IMG]

They look the same to me, except for the smooth/stepped triggers.

6. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

So, I'm not so cornfused after all! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to ferret this information out. I got into, something of, a brouhaha on another gun forum; and, no matter how I tried, I couldn't find the exact thread I was looking for.

Thank you, all, so very much!

7. High Altitude

High Altitude

The "bent tails" started with gen3. I purchased a gen3 17 smooth trigger w/trigger bar for one of my gen3 19s from glockparts before the gen4 pistols even came out. When it showed up, it had the bent tail where the trigger spring goes. It did not have the bump out on the firing pin safety portion of the trigger bar.

I put a gen3 17 trigger w/trigger bar in my gen4 19 and checked the sear/firing pin lug engagement on both triggers and saw absolutely no difference.