Glock Talk banner

A Pro drops an armed robber

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Gallium 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a security camera video of a real armed robbery. For those who have been wondering, this is how a pro handles an armed robbery situation. He shoots first, fast & accurate, and drops the gun-toting bandit before he can get a shot off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV3mGvCFFJE

#2 ·
MTDP,

Looks like he waited till he saw a good opportunity and not the first opportunity!

I also noticed the shooter, while moving, used two hands. No fancy fast running but good movement while shooting with two hands. I have no doubt he has been trained.

Deaf

#5 ·
This is a security camera video of a real armed robbery. For those who have been wondering, this is how a pro handles an armed robbery situation. He shoots first, fast & accurate, and drops the gun-toting bandit before he can get a shot off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV3mGvCFFJE
MTDP,

Looks like he waited till he saw a good opportunity and not the first opportunity!

I also noticed the shooter, while moving, used two hands. No fancy fast running but good movement while shooting with two hands. I have no doubt he has been trained.

Deaf

"Shoots first" as in before the bad guys starts throwing rounds. I'm not sure where MTPD said shoots at first opportunity.

#6 · (Edited)
If memory serves me correct, the shooter was employed by that entity as a security guard, licensed in that state as such...as was either a retired LEO or off duty LEO...

'Drew
:cool:
From the way the shooter operated I figured he was a cop, but didn't know the details. I could tell he knew what he was doing, making it unlikely that he was just an inexperienced 3rd party.

#7 ·
Very calculated and appropiate reaction to the situation. The shooter did not lose his cool or concentration. He remained calm, waited for the right moment, and then executed immediate and decisive action. Definitely some training there. Proper end to a bad situation.

#8 · (Edited)
MTDP,

Deaf
The shooter waited until the BG was focused on the pharmacist and reaching for the dope. If you look closely, you can see the shooter take his pistol out and then wait for the "right" moment to make his move, with gun already in hand but concealed.

#9 ·
The shooter waited until the BG was focused on the pharmacist and reaching for the dope. If you look closely, you can see the shooter take his pistol out and then wait for the "right" moment to make his move, with gun already in hand but concealed.
Right!

And that's a good lesson for all of us. Just because we see a BG with a gun we don't necessarily need to just whip out our Roscoe and fire. A bit of nerve racking patients is needed to wait for a good moment. Wait for that window of opportunity where you can get the drop on them (or failing that, at least something they totally did not expect.)

You guys remember the tape were the motel operator pulled his Glock and waited while the BG demanded money from the clerk. And then surprised the heck out of him with that Glock!

Deaf

#11 ·
Right!

And that's a good lesson for all of us. Just because we see a BG with a gun we don't necessarily need to just whip out our Roscoe and fire. A bit of nerve racking patience is needed to wait for a good moment. Wait for that window of opportunity where you can get the drop on them (or failing that, at least something they totally did not expect.)

You guys remember the tape were the motel operator pulled his Glock and waited while the BG demanded money from the clerk. And then surprised the heck out of him with that Glock!

Deaf
I agree with your perspective.

Andrew

#14 ·
I'm glad the victims all came out unscathed. It's a shame what drugs do to people...
How do you know drugs made him do it? Maybe he was just a natural born scumbag? Plus, if drugs make people commit armed robberies, how come the pharmacist, who is around drugs all day long, isn't pulling armed robberies? :dunno:

#15 ·
How do you know drugs made him do it? Maybe he was just a natural born scumbag? Plus, if drugs make people commit armed robberies, how come the pharmacist, who is around drugs all day long, isn't pulling armed robberies? :dunno:
Well, because I, clearly unlike you, read the bottom of the description of the video. I'm more than happy to copy and paste for you.

" August 02, 2009 — A would-be robber was shot and killed Saturday morning in New Smyrna Beach as a store owner was opening up his shop.

The robber was shot twice in the chest by a security guard at the Medicine Shoppe pharmacy Saturday at 10:15 a.m.

Police said the masked robber entered the store at 653 N. Dixie Freeway, put a gun to the head of the pharmacist and demanded drugs. That's when the man with the gun was shot and killed by the security guard."

Drugs don't make people do anything, addiction does. Look, I'm just as happy as anyone else to see the guy take two in the chest.

As for your statement about pharmacist doing drugs. That's too ingenuous of a comment to respond to.

#16 · (Edited)
brausso, you missed the point. You didn't say the armed robber was after drugs. If you had, I would have agreed with you.

What you said was, "It's a shame what drugs do to people...". The implication being that it wasn't really his fault because DRUGS MADE HIM PULL THE ARMED ROBBERY.

That line of reasoning is similar to the old Flip Wilson joke where Flip says, "The Devil made me do it!" Meaning, of course, that whatever Flip had done wrong wasn't his fault, but The Devil's.

#18 ·
brausso, you missed the point. You didn't say the armed robber was after drugs. If you had, I would have agreed with you.

What you said was, "It's a shame what drugs do to people...". The implication being that it wasn't really his fault because DRUGS MADE HIM PULL THE ARMED ROBBERY.

That line of reasoning is similar to the old Flip Wilson joke where Flip says, "The Devil made me do it!" Meaning, of course, that whatever Flip had done wrong wasn't his fault, but The Devil's.
Yeah, It's a shame what drugs do to people...he was after drugs...not sure what else to say here. He's an addict. Anyway, justice served.

#20 ·
Yeah, It's a shame what drugs do to people...he was after drugs...not sure what else to say here. He's an addict. Anyway, justice served.

A client of mine was hit recently enough...the thieves stole a lot of drugs (street value >$200k).

They crooks were apprehended. None of them had anything resembling a drug habit. They had inside knowledge as to what was in the facility, and saw a way of making some quick cash.

There is nothing you quoted that conclusively demonstrates, or even infers that the dead guy was stealing drugs for himself, so I would have to (this one time! :)) agree with MPTD. :faint:

:cool:
'Drew

#21 · (Edited)
Im confused. I thought it was guns that made people rob other people. Now you're telling me its drugs that do it.
English, I know you meant that in jest but I have to say this to all here.

A friend of my family got real upset when his wife decided to leave him for another guy. He, after a terrible argument, shot her in the knee with a .22 rifle so she would not leave. Of course he went to prison, and the sad thing is, his 15 year old son got into drugs (I was told from some very low class people who lived nearby.)

The 15 year old, desperate for drugs (meth is also what I was told he was on), stole an old ladies purse, in the process striking her and she ended up with stitches in the head. The 15 year old also ended up in prison as he was tried as an adult.

No the 15 year old didn’t have a gun. He was a strong kid and his target was an old lady and her purse.

So no gang, guns don’t cause robberies. But the desperation for a drug fix sure do. They get to hurting so much for the need of a fix they will do ANYTHING, just anything, to get the money for the next fix. And that includes killing.

And for those who say, well legalize drugs! Well even if meth was legal, those on meth lose any desire to work (and thus pay for it), any desire for friends, and any desire for family. All they desire is the next fix. And they will get it any way they can.

Deaf

#22 · (Edited)
Having made several hundred drug arrests, and thereby dealt with several hundred dopers and dealers, I can understand where everybody is coming from. Nevertheless, IMO, each individual is responsible for his own actions.

Certainly drugs give users and dealers an incentive to commit crime. However, it is still the individual's free-will decision whether to do so or not. Just as it was the individual's decision to use or sell drugs in the first place.

#23 ·
Having made several hundred drug arrests, and thereby dealt with several hundred dopers and dealers, I can understand where everybody is coming from. Nevertheless, IMO, each individual is responsible for his own actions.

Certainly drugs give users and dealers an incentive to commit crime. However, it is still the individual's free-will decision whether to do so or not. Just as it was the individual's decision to use or sell drugs in the first place.

Well Said! :agree:

#24 ·
It's interesting that everyone assumes the BG was stealing drugs for his own personal use (addict). It occurs to me that another possibility is that he's stealing drugs to SELL them. The street value of many narcotics makes selling them VERY profitable.

Reminds me of the old quote attributed to the famous bank robber Willie Sutton. When asked why he robbed banks, he replied, "Because that's where the money is."

Well... today the money is also in selling drugs. So, it's entirely possible that this BG wasn't driven by addiction. Rather, he had a profit motive while simultaneously placing very little value on the lives of other, and even his own. He made a fatal miscalculation.

Ah.... that's a shame. ;)

#26 ·
It's interesting that everyone assumes the BG was stealing drugs for his own personal use (addict). It occurs to me that another possibility is that he's stealing drugs to SELL them. The street value of many narcotics makes selling them VERY profitable.

Reminds me of the old quote attributed to the famous bank robber Willie Sutton. When asked why he robbed banks, he replied, "Because that's where the money is."

Well... today the money is also in selling drugs. So, it's entirely possible that this BG wasn't driven by addiction. Rather, he had a profit motive while simultaneously placing very little value on the lives of other, and even his own. He made a fatal miscalculation.

Ah.... that's a shame. ;)

A couple of posts above yours, :supergrin: I ah, mentioned the same possibility you do. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.