close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A Pro drops an armed robber

Discussion in 'Tactics and Training' started by MTPD, May 29, 2010.

1. English, I know you meant that in jest but I have to say this to all here.

A friend of my family got real upset when his wife decided to leave him for another guy. He, after a terrible argument, shot her in the knee with a .22 rifle so she would not leave. Of course he went to prison, and the sad thing is, his 15 year old son got into drugs (I was told from some very low class people who lived nearby.)

The 15 year old, desperate for drugs (meth is also what I was told he was on), stole an old ladies purse, in the process striking her and she ended up with stitches in the head. The 15 year old also ended up in prison as he was tried as an adult.

No the 15 year old didn’t have a gun. He was a strong kid and his target was an old lady and her purse.

So no gang, guns don’t cause robberies. But the desperation for a drug fix sure do. They get to hurting so much for the need of a fix they will do ANYTHING, just anything, to get the money for the next fix. And that includes killing.

And for those who say, well legalize drugs! Well even if meth was legal, those on meth lose any desire to work (and thus pay for it), any desire for friends, and any desire for family. All they desire is the next fix. And they will get it any way they can.

Deaf

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. MTPD

MTPD

Nov 9, 2005
    TEXAS
    Having made several hundred drug arrests, and thereby dealt with several hundred dopers and dealers, I can understand where everybody is coming from. Nevertheless, IMO, each individual is responsible for his own actions.

Certainly drugs give users and dealers an incentive to commit crime. However, it is still the individual's free-will decision whether to do so or not. Just as it was the individual's decision to use or sell drugs in the first place.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010

3. Max1775

Max1775 Marine Infidel

Oct 1, 2009
    Helotes, Texas

Well Said! :agree:

4. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    It's interesting that everyone assumes the BG was stealing drugs for his own personal use (addict). It occurs to me that another possibility is that he's stealing drugs to SELL them. The street value of many narcotics makes selling them VERY profitable.

Reminds me of the old quote attributed to the famous bank robber Willie Sutton. When asked why he robbed banks, he replied, "Because that's where the money is."

Well... today the money is also in selling drugs. So, it's entirely possible that this BG wasn't driven by addiction. Rather, he had a profit motive while simultaneously placing very little value on the lives of other, and even his own. He made a fatal miscalculation.

Ah.... that's a shame. ;)

5. bigez

bigez

Feb 9, 2007
    NC
    Let's have a big debate on whether we think it was .45 or .40 and which is better..... :upeyes:

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

A couple of posts above yours, :supergrin: I ah, mentioned the same possibility you do. :whistling::whistling::whistling: