close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A Place to Shoot

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Poodle, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
  2. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    WHeres that place, Poodle? California or Nevada? I see you have Silver Bear ammo , good Russian stuff.

3. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
    California. Good ammo. Di ko lang ma-hit ang silhoutte ng Bison. 300 meters yata layo nun, nasa hill pa.

4. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
    Target silhoutte was on top of a hill.

[​IMG]

Sarap din skeet shooting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    Wow , thats a really nice rifle range. Paakyat pa ang angle of fire.
    Is that a private range or public ?
    I have a bro who is in Sn Diego and he is looking for a rifle range close by. He wants to shoot his Mosin M 91/30 and Yugo SKS he bought from Turners. But when he visited me here in Houston we went shooting and he had a good time. Medyo bago lang sya sa shooting.

6. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
    Open to the public. You can check this site.

http://www.yellowpages.com/info-LMS...hoot?from=qpibp

7. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    Silver Bear but I need to pull out the magnetic bullets and replaced with Nosler 165 gn boatail.

8. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
    The target silhoutte is inside a small red circle indicated by a small red arrow. Ang layo na ang liit pa yata.

[​IMG]

9. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

Jul 8, 2005
    kakainggit naman :drool:

OT lang, what is the most gun-friendly state dyan?
    tia:)

10. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    Vega, I could have shot with you guys. I know the place well. I usually bring a picnic basket (no alcohol) and shoot all day for less than $10.00. "A Place to Shoot" off San Francisquito Canyon Road in Saugus, CA.

11. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    Most gun friendly state? I would say, Texas and Florida comes second.

12. st. matthew

st. matthew c_w@_u_need_2_c

Jul 8, 2005
  13. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    The place is just perfect. Is Saugus, California located east of LA ?

Is their admission price per person allows you to shoot all the guns you bring? Here in Texas, they charge every gun around $10. The more guns , the more money they make.

http://www.aplacetoshoot.net/index.html

14. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    One fee, all day, any gun, any shooting stage. Bring food and water. Tom, the owner is pleasant to deal with. May I suggest that if you shoot at his place, please buy some ammo from him even a box of .22's or some targets. There is no other supervised range that I know of that charges so little.

On certain days (I forgot), LAPD Narcs, Customs, Homeland Security conduct their fun shoots out here.

"A Place to Shoot" is n/e of Valencia, CA. Let me know if anyone plans to shoot out here. Maybe Vega, Hnard and I could join you.

15. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Looks like it's near your place Jerry.

Bagong range ba yan?

16. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    22 miles from my house. The range has been here for sometime. There is a nicer range off Fwy 5 at Old Road called The Oak Tree Gun Club. More accessible but kinda pricey kasi mukhang country club. It is a full service gun range. They even have Steel Challenge stage complete with timer.

17. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston

Oh really, thats really nice. A flat fee per person and shoot all guns with you makes for a great day. Thats a great deal. Here , the only way to shoot unlimited guns is to be a member of a gun club. Public ranges can charge every gun you shoot. But if you are occasional shooter, thats ok.

18. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Hmmmm, something to go back for. :supergrin:

19. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    http://www.shilohshooting.com/

Im still waiting for this place to finish . Its a new indoor range. They have 30yards max and allow unlimited guns you can shoot for a flat fee of $15. I talked with the owner and he seem quite friendly. This is about 25 miles from me but thats ok .

20. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    It's great to see pinoys visiting the USA and enjoying the rights guarranteed by the US Constitution.

Maybe this will inspire them all the more to enact appropriate amendments to the Phil Constitution for future generations of Filipinos to enjoy.

One thing though, I notice the Winchester padding on the right shoulder.

Be forewarned we call that a 'sissy pad' out here. :supergrin: