close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A Nation of Leeches

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by maxsnafu, Oct 22, 2012.

1. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    "...government pills and government checks..."

Ain't that the truth!:rofl:

2. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    the truth is always vulgar to many............

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    "Walt Bernard"s comment was unusual in a way,

"Romney's 47% remark referred to the percent of citizens who don't pay income tax, currently an obsession on the kosher right."

"Kosher" right?

Hmmmm.

He probably accidentally chose that word

:whistling:

4. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    I think the anger is somewhat misdirected. A life completely dependent upon charity is an absolutely pitiable state.

The anger should be directed at the state -- a bunch of sociopaths buying their re-election through extortion, engineered dependency, and ruined lives. Keep in mind that they wouldn't have it any other way, and will be happier when more are utterly dependent, creating more power for themselves.

The state cannot help itself -- when you base an institution on fundamentally immoral principles (theft is legitimate, etc.) and then empower it, guess what happens?

5. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    I think you should take that up with Walt Bernard, not the author of the article.

6. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Nah, I like it this way. We often comment on the comments in case you never noticed.

7. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    The 47% are the people who Romney knows will vote Democrat regardless of his message. He was pointing out it doesn't make sense to use up limited resources trying to draw them to the GOP.

It is the left that is obsessing over the 47% comment.

8. clint curtis

clint curtis

Jan 12, 2010
    Wisconsin
    The 47% is referring to the non tax paying portion, of which many were put out of a job due to the low wages paid in China.

The middle class is responsible for those jobs being sent to China.
    The billionaires are going to grow jobs in the U.S.A.

9. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    The state is the pusher

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9LGuaxHfM&feature=related"]Steppenwolf - The Pusher - YouTube[/ame]

10. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Figured I might as well put a plug in for yer boy, since you're on the subject. :whistling:

11. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    :rofl:
    I stole your thunder.

12. What a bunch of bull****. I EXPECT the government to uphold it's end of the bargain when I retire in four years. My wife and I have watched funds being confiscated for the past 40 years of our working lives. We have lived within our means. We have put three children through high end college education with zero help from state. We live modestly, pay our bills and our taxes and now are defined as "rich" by our government. I demand to be paid back with the promise of their confiscation. If YOU don't like it, tough ****.

FYPM

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    You have no right to anyone else's money.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  14. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    You have no right to anyone else's money. Screw you. And screw everything you think in supposing that people are going to just say, "Yah su missa boss man" and quietly do as they are told and just shuffle off to the sidewalk and get out of the way of whiners like you who cower in fear that they won't be able to keep their lifestyle. Tough. Very happily this is not the Twilight Zone where people like you are in control telling everyone else what will and will not be done. Very happily "we the people" are in control deciding together what will and will not be done. You can scream. Go right ahead and scream. You can whine. Go right ahead and whine. Maybe someone will pass you a tissue. Maybe not. Use your sleeve. In the meantime (what an apt phrase... "meantime) "We the people" will go right ahead and act in our own best interest. If that doesn't float your boat... if that fries your grits... etc., then get over it. The majority rules. That's the way it should be. That's the way it is. Power to the people. Very cool.

15. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    you're right, but he does have a right to his

16. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Well, if he's already paid into it, at a minimum he should be given his money back, adjusted for inflation and possibly a few points on it as well.

17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    His is gone

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    He didn't pay into anything. He was taxed. The money was spent. No different than any other tax.

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    .....so the Marxists have checked in.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012