close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A little plug for anyone still on the fence...

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Mitch_Rapp.45, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Save it from what? More talk about extinction? If the .41 magnum as made it this far, so will the 10mm, it isn't going anywhere.

2. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    10mm isn't going to become obsolete anytime soon. It's been significantly growing in popularity during the last few years.

3. 69stingray

69stingray 427 ci

Nov 10, 2007
    North Alabama
    10mm ain't going nowhere (to repete Bullman and Kegs) all everybody buying up all the brass'll do is make it harder to find and more expensive. 10mm has a pretty good following (around here anyway). Maybe I can't walk into WalMart and buy ammo but I can at most other dealers in the area. Even though Dan Wesson has dropped 10mm from their lineup there are more handgun choices than ever to chose from.

Ray

4. AIREglockDALE

AIREglockDALE

Dec 24, 2005
    USA
    Can't say I'd be comfortable with my loads constantly breaking/splitting cases like that...

5. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    I wonder what bullet weight he is pushing to 1800 fps or closer to 2000 fps as it says in the comments, that is a lot faster than anything I have seen commercially, which would indicate it is probably well over pressure.

6. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    [=quote=AIREglockDALE;14470037]Can't say I'd be comfortable with my loads constantly breaking/splitting cases like that...[/quote]

+1

7. All of the brass is Federal that is splitting. None of the Top or Star brass seems to. You are right, really light bullets (135nos) and 800X with magnum primers.. Yes, it is a bit over pressure.
    Lee

8. Hey all

I have been do a little searching around to get info on the 10mm.

In doing so I have heard a recurring statement that states the 10mm rd will be gone within 5 years.

Is there any truth to this?:wavey:

9. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    Again, there are plenty of pistols out there that shoot 10mm, it isn't going anywhere. If you can still buy ammo like 44 russian (and you can, it is expensive and almost exclusively online, but you can get it) then you will also be able to get 10mm.

10. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Sep 11, 2005
    Four Corners

No truth there. The 10mm is actually gaining in popularity.
    As has been said, there are far more obscure calibers for which ammunition is still readily available.

11. Waffentomas

Waffentomas Semper Fidelis Millennium Member

May 5, 1999
    Blue State
    I've been shooting the 10mm since 1985. Around 1995, all the talk started about how the 10mm would be gone in 5 years...it's 15 years later....still here.

It won't die because as new shooters with the Tim Allen syndrome enter the hobby, there are few places to go after the .45 ACP in semi-autos, save for the 10mm.

12. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
  13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    with ammo sales on line from the real "big three" for 10mm (DT, BB, CB) why would anyone look in the local stores for the .40cal watered down stuff.....? unless its just to get some once fired brass for later...

14. fast_dave

fast_dave

Jun 9, 2005
    I've been with the 10mm since it's introduction, and I have to say that it's gaining popularity every year - especially the past two years!