close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A little help, gettin back in 1911's

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Big Bore Fan, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Big Bore Fan

Big Bore Fan

Feb 15, 2005
    amelia,VA
    My first handgun was a cheap 1911, Liama I think it was. I fell in love with the 1911 style but not the make. I replaced it with a S.A. Champion SS that was a good shooter but to heavy for CC. This was about ten years ago, I finaly gave up due to the high prices of a 3" 1911 and got a g36. I can't take it anymore, I want another 1911 in 3" and Alum. frame. I was looking at the S.A. LW operator that comes with the light. I'm going to have to save up for awhile so I might as well get the one with the light and use it for a bedside gun to. Anyone have any experience whith this gun? Any other suggestions on a good 3" gun.

2. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    If you aren't deadset on 3", take a look at the LW Champion Operator. Very affordable and will give you more options for a light.

[​IMG]

If you want a 3", also take a look at the STI Off Duty. Heard a lot of good stuff about them as well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

3. jrs93accord

jrs93accord

Jul 10, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    Look at the Rock Island Armory Compacts as well.

[​IMG]

The Kimber ULTRAs are nice too. Pricey, but nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010