close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Little Glock Math

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DaBurna, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBurna

DaBurna

Glock=XD=M&P?

Glock>XD>M&P?

Glock<M&P>XD?

Glock<XD>M&P?

Is this math always going to be subjective? I can honestly admit, I like the look of M&P's Compacts. I also have kind of been teetering between getting a Gen4 G21 or an XD .45 5" tactical as my Big Bore HD Gun. I'm a GLOCKER @ Heart, but I do appreciate other designs. The PPQ, Steyr, & Caracal also seem pretty nice!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  2. .38 super

.38 super Observer

Glock slide, M&P frame and XD type trigger would be the perfect combination for me...
    I like Glock's clean line, little bit boxy, but - clean. I prefer M&P ergonomics and I like best XD's trigger, it is not partially cocked as Glock's, so this would be the perfect striker fired gun for me... No grip safety, but external ambi safety would be nice, at least for me, I don't consider the little thing on the trigger an actual safety device...

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Your math is very subjective . I am also a Glocker at heart and do appreciate other designs. More and more guns are entering the market place that can be very good alternatives to Glock but for me Glock will always be first. There is room (as long as the funds are there) in a gun collection for different makes.

:50cal:

4. Rustin

Rustin

I think they all have pros and cons. I personally like the Glock and the M&P. I've been having a dilemma about wanting to trade my G19 for a full size M&P 9. I like the fact that it's American made, ergonomic, and it's not to bad on the eyes. The glock is a hard gun to beat though! I have no experience with XD but it looks like a fine pistol. I love my G19 for it's sheer simplicity, shootability, and aftermarket support (mostly mags and holsters). I don't really respect Glock as a company and have a vague feeling they don't give a damn about the civilian shooters. There is just something about a Glock that can't quite be put into words that makes me warm and fuzzy and wanting to keep shooting Glocks.:cowboy:

5. Queen Bee

Queen Bee

I am a glock girl, and have been for most of time , former HK girl, and honestly in 9mm i couldn't want anything more than what glock has already offered, perfect caliber gun on its original platform, but i cannot get into glock's .45's , to me their lack of ergos for the grip makes me hate glock 45's.

which is why i lean torwards the new Springfield XD-S single stack 45, ive shot the regular XD 45 and it was very nice to shoot. i didn't like the m&p 45's though which is why im thinking SA is the way to go for 45's

6. DaBurna

DaBurna

Queen.... Have u ever shot a G30sf... It's still chunky but feel more like shooting a G19??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.