close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A Little Bit Of Progress

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Scarecrow28, May 6, 2008.

1. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 Writing Fanatic

Nov 20, 2007
    Unites States
    After a while of on-and-off exercising purely out of boredom (mostly just push-ups), I've managed to make a little progress. I started benching again and head downstairs several times a day to crank out a set. This has been working well and I've been steadily increasing my max-rep. I'll keep you updated on my progress. Tomorrow's my 2nd workout of the week, so I'll probably tell you how things go.

2. proactive

proactive

Feb 15, 2004
    FL
    Cool, man. Thanks for the update. Are you balancing out those presses with a rowing movement?

3. Scarecrow28

Nov 20, 2007
    Unites States
    Not yet. Right now I'm just trying to build a bit of strength and then I'm going to branch out. I've basically been running up and down 3-5 times a day and doing benching sets.

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for the update and congrats. That's a good plan, kinda GTG-like. You might want to lisen to proactive and do some rows. Don't want any mucle imbalances.

Run down stairs and do a set of benches. Set the bar on the floor and do a set of bent-over rows with the same weight. Go back upstairs. Won't take but a minute longer and could save you a big setback.

5. Scarecrow28

Nov 20, 2007
    Unites States
    Alright, I'll try it tomorrow during my workout. Thanks for the tip!

6. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Aug 2, 1999
    If you are going to row and bench three to five times daily,do not go near failure.