Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

a good reason to never use credit cards...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by d3athp3nguin, Sep 12, 2008.

1. d3athp3nguin

Aug 7, 2007
    ...In a restaraunt, or any scenario that involves you handing the card to an attendant.

This method of fraud (called skimming) has been around for a while now, but I thought it was worth bringing up after my latest rendezvous with my bank's fraud department :steamed:

How it works at a restaraunt

Watch out for ATMs too:

This type of fraud works with any card that stores info on a magnetic stripe.

I'm tempted to buy a card reader so I can see what kind of info is stored on all of my cards... My health insurance card has a stripe on the back of it, and now I wanna know what kind of info is on there!
  2. That's why I have a business and personal card with limits on them by my bank and don't use a debit card.

This way if you card is jacked, the theives would be pissed when all you have is $1000 or less of available credit.

Other options would be to buy a rechargeable debit card. These work out great and you just add to the balance as you need it via the phone or internet from your main accounts.

Also check with your HR benefits co-ordinators alot of them have special no-cost programs with certain card companies for these items