close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A German Sig P226 not quite like the others...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by dnuggett, Jul 26, 2012.

1. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Tonight I brought home one of my favorite 9mm handguns, a Sig P226. This Sig is special to me however as it is a German Sig, but not just any German Sig. It is a German never destined for the US. As you may know the vast vast majority of German Sigs here in the states also include the "Import Stamp." This is the stamping on the left side of the slide next to or below the words Sig Sauer. Depending on when it was imported it will say Exeter NH, Tysons Corner VA or Herndon VA. Some models will be stamped by an importer other than Sig, the P6 comes to mind.

This Sig has no US importer markings as it was fully made and assembled in Eckernforde, intended only to reside in Germany. No "Sig Arms" anywhere, save for the back of the manual where the Sig portfolio of companies is listed. You'll also see no "DE" markings. I purchased it from a Green Beret who purchased it new in 1998 from Sig in Eckernforde while he was stationed in Germany. I honestly don't know the number of German 226s without US import stamps here in the US but my guess is they are few and far between.

Notice the manual doesn't have a 1-800 number for SigArms. :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

2. GTS197

GTS197

Oct 11, 2011
    Texas
  3. glockrex

glockrex

Apr 24, 2007
    Texas
  4. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

Jul 10, 2001
    Alabama
    A friend has a similar home market P220. It is a nicer built gun than my "colonial model." I had an action job done on mine, his does not need it.

5. Does it shoot any differently?:supergrin:

Nice find and congrats.

6. Comedian

Comedian

Aug 3, 2010
    That is sweet. The P226 is one of my all time favorite pistols.

7. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Great looking gun! I'd be willing to bet it shoots every bit as good as it looks!

Congratulations!

:cool:

8. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Thanks all. I got real lucky finding this one. I'm not sure if I'll ever find another. I can't wait to go out and shoot it. This is my 4th 226 and easily the rarest. I had a W German tu-tone that I let go as I wasn't crazy about the condition it was in. I think I can talk myself into keeping this one.

My 226 Combat follows me to every range visit or training session. Pretty soon I plan to take it and a 226R to Robert Burke and ask him to do his thing.

I'm not doing single thing to this one though. I want it to remain as it is.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    That's very cool!!!

Many GIs have bought guns of various kinds in Germany while they were stationed over there. Prices were much more amenable than American prices and they can get non-typical guns like the above mentioned P226 or original style CZ-75.

One of the dudes I knew back in the days bought a Steyr SSG69 with Kahles 6X scope for 2/3 the price of the same in America. From what I remembered, the BATF paperwork wasn't that bad either.

10. Congrats on a really great find. My P226-9 is my favorite handgun ever.

11. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Very nice. How rare is that being that way. To be honest I have never noticed one wo the markings but never looked either.

12. GIockGuy24

GIockGuy24 Bring M&M's

Jul 14, 2005
    With Amber Lamps
    I had a neighbor and his wife used to work for the CIA, not as an agent but as an office worker. He said they had a noticeboard in the lobby where employees posted things for sale. Often there were firearms posted for sale. He bought some from CIA employees that did not have import stamps.