close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A Frequently Asked Question

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by whw, Jan 22, 2012.

1. whw

whw
    Expand Collapse

Hi Mas,
    I'm sure you get tired of this type of question, so i will apologize in advance. Let's say you took a different path and worked in an industry completely unrelated to guns.
    Now you have to select a couple of guns. You need a main ccw piece, a backup, a home defense gun and a deep concealment ccw. You have other responsibilities in life so you only want to spend enough to buy quality, reliability and effectiveness.
    What would be your choice?
    Thanks,
    whw

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

All depends on individual owner's perceived tastes and needs, bro.

Smallest I ever personally go is a J-frame, but for some, the "deep concealment" piece might be a P3AT, Ruger LCP, or even Baby Browning .25 auto or NAA .22.

Different strokes for different folks, and all that.

best,
    Mas

3. whw

whw
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your quick response. I find myself with too many different types of handguns intended for concealed carry and would like to thin the herd. Too many different platforms, safeties and triggers.
    I guess I've read, and thought, myself to a point where i can't make an equipment decision.

Thanks

whw

4. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse

Hi whw, it's called "Analysis Paralysis" - I've been there-done that, too. We are not the only ones either, but most others won't admit it...:whistling:

Come over to Carry Issues and ask your question. It will help those others who'll not admit to the problem...

Preface it with your last sentence here: "I guess I've read, and thought, myself to a point where i can't make an equipment decision. I find myself with too many different types of handguns intended for concealed carry and would like to thin the herd. Too many different platforms, safeties and triggers." Then ask your question.

See you there...

RussP

#4 RussP, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  5. whw

whw
    Expand Collapse

Hello RussP,
    I will give it a try.
    Thanks,
    whw