close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A challenge to the missing centrists...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Cambo, Feb 17, 2013.

1. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

So, you decided to let the baby play with the lighter and the gasoline because you thought there was a fire extinguisher in the closet?

Just freaking brilliant

:upeyes:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

Candidate for the dumbest analogy ever. :upeyes:

Republicans aren't the fire extinguisher. Republicans are capable of just as bad government as Democrats. 2001-2007 proved that beyond any doubt. It's playing it safe to make them fight each other, not playing with fire.

3. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Voting for someone that wants to take away your 2A rights that you supposedly hold dear is the definition of playing with fire.

Your supposed gridlock stands the chance of changing in the midterms especially with the anti-2A legislation held over their head as a hammer...

What will be your excuse then? How will you blame the Republicans then? Take responsibility for your own actions. Man up and say you are getting what you voted for when you voted for Obama.

4. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

This coming from someone who thinks voting for a known Second Amendment hater is the best way to protect gun rights?

I take your derision of my analogy as compliment in light of the logic you show.

Thank You

:wavey:

5. hogfish

hogfish
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

Hmmm...I don't know about that. I'm sure there's a really good explanation somewhere. Do you have a really big fire extinguisher handy? :supergrin:

6. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

Assuming you both voted for Romney, you both also voted for a known Second Amendment hater. Just because you'll never admit it to yourselves doesn't make it any less true.

The House has never switched to the party of the sitting President at midterms. The reasons for that are obvious. If the Republicans become the first to do that, they truly are pathetic creatures. It was not reasonable at the time to think their thirst for defeat would have them losing the House at midterms. Such heights of loserdom are unprecedented.

7. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse

Keep being the good little democrat and blaming someone else for your choices. I didn't know the fire was hot mom or else I wouldn't keep sticking my hand in there.

8. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon
    Expand Collapse
    "Cracker"

I suppose it's because you guys listened to the MSM. Do you think that was a good idea?

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...e-simultaneously-answers-one-of-my-questions/

9. TX OMFS

TX OMFS
    Expand Collapse
    Right wing nut
    Lifetime Member

RP wasn't nominated for the same reason Honey Boo-boo's mom isn't going to win Miss America. Even if RP didn't have so many crazy ideas he doesn't fit the mold. The presidential race is a popularity contest as much as a battle over issues. RP sits at the nerd table while Obama bangs all the cheerleaders. Romney was like the captain of the soccer team...just not quite cool enough.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Excellent strategy except that we can't count on the Republicans to keep their pants up.

Debt ceiling debate is coming again. Many forget that the Republicans negotiated the "fiscal cliff" and raised the debt ceiling -- when they didn't have to negotiate at all.

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

male cheerleaders?

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Romney authored Obamacare and signed an AWB as governor. Watching you folks defend the Republican candidate is like watching my 5 year old tell me she didn't eat the cookie with crumbs on her shirt.

13. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Don't you just love it when you make a good point like that and the best someone can come back with is childish crap like this,

"Keep being the good little democrat and blaming someone else for your choices. I didn't know the fire was hot mom or else I wouldn't keep sticking my hand in there."

That's how you know you're winning. They're all just a bunch of :crying: babies mad that their political views are dying out and looking for anyone but their own party's tactics to blame. Keep up the good work and don't let the moron echo chamber get to you. I'm still looking for something I disagree with you on and so far I'm not seeing it.

14. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon
    Expand Collapse
    "Cracker"

Yeah, whatever. You're easily fooled and will be again.

15. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Dumb acts begat dumb analogies.

16. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

More like mad that our country is dying out.

There are plenty of places left in the world of the type you want to live in, there aren't that many left like we like living in.

Besides, you guys need us. Somebody has to pay for your liberal utopia. You don't want to make us all so mad we become like you.

17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

There are places like North Korea, Cuba and the UK where your political views have prevailed. Have you considered moving? You could probably get a gig teaching economics there.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse

Nice to see you ventured back into GTPI after hiding out in GTRI.

19. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

Did you ever consider the party you're backing is not the one who will keep this country a place you like living in?

What do Republicans represent, in reality?

Fiscal responsibility? Not by a long shot.
    Sovereignty and border security? Hell no.
    Individual freedom? Don't make me laugh.
    Capitalism? Nope. (subsidies, favoritism, corporate welfare, big government)
    Tax reform? Not of any significance.
    RKBA: Maybe. We'll see shortly.

Are the Democrats any better? No, but your post implies that you're actually trying to keep the country a place you'd like to live by supporting Republicans. That's like having a Coke and a Pepsi in front of you and saying you'll drink the Pepsi because the Coke is so unhealthy for you. Even if you have no choice but to drink one of them, you can at least stop deluding yourself into thinkng the one you're picking is better for you.

So be a Republican, but don't pretend that doing so will save this country. Actions have consequences, and what the Republicans did in 2001-2007 (and since) absolutely demolished any confidence people had that they can do what you say they can do. Without the confidence of the people, all they can do is keep feeding at the trough like the Democrats do and stuff everything they can in their pockets before their inevitable demise.

You can whine about how the Democrats are worse, but that doesn't make the country a place you want to live in. At least be honest about what you're accomplishing with your partisanship.

#99 Gundude, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  20. whoflungdo

whoflungdo
    Expand Collapse

Again with the hypocrisy. Why are you always dispensing advice you are unwilling to take? Start practicing what you preach..