close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A challenge to the missing centrists...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Cambo, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
    Centrists, we haven't seen much of you recently because you are hiding in shame due to the fact your democrat masters are on a gun control roll. You have nothing to say for yourselves and rightly so. Still, I'd like to give you a chance to redeem yourselves and show us how much better democrats are for gun ownership than republicans. So, if you are up to the challenge, here it is - list all of the republican politicians that you can, who have SPONSORED or CO-SPONSORED new gun control bills at the local, state or federal level. Here's the catch, any said bill must have been introduced in the year 2012 or 2013 - there will be no digging up Reagan out of the grave to prove your point. As a pre-emptive strike, Flipper 348, Mitt Romney's name will not be acceptable because he did not sponsor a bill or even mention an assault weapon ban in 2012 or 2013. Challenge On!!!!

P.S. - I would list all democrat politicians who are sponsoring gun control, but glocktalk doesn't have enough bandwidth for that.

2. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    They assured us for 4 years that Obama wasn't coming for our guns. Weren't you listening?!

3. jay29

jay29

Jul 6, 2002
    Gubmint' not going to take your guns, Jethro.

4. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
  5. EOS

EOS

May 30, 2012
    Central Kentucky
    Screw both parties, screw Obama, screw Romney.

Mittens wouldn't veto a magazine capacity ban, or universal background checks, maybe not an AWB, but judging from what he said in the past, it would have been possible.

We were screwed either way back in November, fighting over Obama and Romney now doesn't solve anything. when both Liberals and Conservatives can agree that both candidates and parties were and are complete and utter disasters, then we will be headed in the right direction.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  6. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    So since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct? What's the problem then?

7. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    When I first saw that, I immediately thought of the time JBinTx posted that he used to be for Ron Paul (before he was against him). :rofl:

8. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    We'd be in the same situation right now under Romney!!.... :rolleyes::banghead:

Sandy Hook caused this situation. Still would have happened under Romney....

The way some people here think just blows my mind. You are as blind to facts as the damn liberals....

9. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Why do you assume all centrists are Democrat?

According to a political compass, i'm a centrist - leaning Libertarian.

10. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Funny how all the cut-n-paste photoshop comes out when one can't answer a very simple question:

Since Republicans have the House, there will be no new gun control, correct?

11. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    You have to understand that on this forum, there are centrists, and then there are "centrists." The latter are people who introduce themselves by loudly proclaiming to be centrists, "but..." And then go on to spew a litany of leftist talking points. The "centrist" part is just a bit of misdirection -- nothing more.

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Does that mean that Obama isn't coming after guns?

Didn't Republicans say he would?

Didn't Democrats on this Forum say he wouldn't?

Why don't you answer those questions?

13. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Yes, it does, because he can't.

Yup. For some reason they refuse to differentiate between what Obama wants and what Obama can do.

I don't see many Democrats on this forum. Most members who are called Democrats regardless of their political affiliation said he couldn't, not that he wouldn't.

I just did. Now you. How can new gun control possibly become law if Republicans won't pass it?

14. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Politicians, all parties, are liars and damn liars.
    Don't believe what a politician tells you! :steamed:

15. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    No

Yes

Yes.

Question is, would Obama be coming after our guns right now if Sandy Hook didn't happen?

Sandy Hook happened. Thats what brought this on. We'd still be in this situation right now under Romney because of Sandy Hook.

Stop dodging the questions and the facts.

16. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    Exactly.

17. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

New gun control may simply be a matter of how much Obama, and/or Democrats are willing to offer for votes.

Is there anyone here at all, who can say that corruption in politics doesn't exist?

If not, then the premise that since the house is controlled by Republicans, therefore the assumption that new gun control legislation cannot be passed into law........ is blatantly false........ :shocked:

Eh.......wrong, gundude. :wavey:

ooc

18. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    The facts won't stand for your twisting.

Before the election, Obama supporters on this Forum said, "He won't try to come after any guns"

He has said he is going to try.

That is all there is to it. Obama and his supporters were lying before the election, we knew it and called them out on it and he is proving we were right.

We need no more Obamafellators making more excuses.