close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A ban of some sort is coming, do you have what you want??

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by FLIPPER 348, Dec 16, 2012.

1. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    Are you stocked up??

Friday morning 4 of us from work were heading over the pass to PDX for some administrative TSA stuff. We are all gun guys and were talking about the recent shooting in Portland and a few other recent ones on the 3 hour drive. I said that we are close to the tipping point and if some nutjob shoots up a preschool or something than a ban on hi-cap semi autos and >10 round mags will be a given. It was creepy to hear the news of the CT shooting just as we were leaving a the best gun shop in Oregon (Kieth's in Gresham)

So I ask, are you stocked up?? I saw this coming and while a ban on EBRs and hi-caps does not effect my collection & shooting tastes ....... but starting 6 months ago I dam sure stocked up on reloading components, 100s of pounds of Tula .45acp & .22 rimfire.

I went to the biggest gun seller on this side of the Cascades yesterday and the gun counter was busier than I've ever seen it.

2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    With the defender of the second amendment you helped get elected, how can this be?

3. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    It would be the same if Mittens had won. Dude, children 5-7 were killed. Emotion will trump sensibility & reason.

4. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Keep telling yourself that. You may not have wanted more gun control, but you worked for it.

I used to run into these young ladies that were sexually active, not using any form of birth control, and stating that they were not trying to get pregnant. You remind me of them right now.

5. evlbruce

evlbruce

Nov 3, 2003
    With ol' weak and weepy in control of the house, I could see a comprehensive ban coming on top of a bunch of executive fiats.

Only thing I really want right now is a bunch more AR mags.

Doesn't change the fact that you support a President that wants to ban self-loading firearms.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  6. Yes Flipper....sadly, I think emotion will trump reason after this tragedy.

7. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I read it wrong the first time two, I think flip is talking about the ages, not the number.

8. It remains to be seen if emotion will trump sensibility and reason.

Did we get more gun control laws after...
    2012:
    Accent Signage Systems shooting
    Sikh temple shooting: Oak Creek, Wisconsin
    Aurora theater shooting: Aurora, Colorado
    Seattle cafe shooting: Seattle, Washington
    Oikos University killings: Oakland, California
    Su Jung Health Sauna shooting
    2011:
    Seal Beach shooting: Seal Beach, California
    IHOP shooting: Carson City, Nevada
    Tucson shooting: Tucson, Arizona
    2010:
    Hartford Beer Distributor shooting: Manchester, Connecticut
    2009:
    Coffee shop police killings: Parkland, Washington
    Fort Hood massacre: Fort Hood, Texas
    Binghamton shootings: Binghamton, New York
    Carthage nursing home shooting: Carthage, North Carolina
    Atlantis Plastics shooting: Henderson, Kentucky
    Northern Illinois University shooting: DeKalb, Illinois
    Kirkwood City Council shooting: Kirkwood, Missouri

And so on...

Making laws when your emotional leads to bad laws. Past history has shown that once time passes and people learn the details of each shooting they realize that for the most part new laws won't solve the problem.

Calling for another AWB is stupid since we already have one in CT, we've had one since 1994 and it hasn't stopped two mass shootings in this state. We have state laws limiting; possession of handguns by those under 21, prohibiting carrying of a handgun without a pistol permit. Yet that doesn't stop kids and people not licensed from shooting each other in New Haven/Bridgeport/Hartford on a weekly/monthly basis with handguns.

While liberals may try to ban guns it will be like trying to put toothpaste back into the tube. It will be impossible. And it doesn't solve the underlying problem that it's the human that chooses to commit murder, robberies, rapes, etc with the tool; be it a firearm, knife, fist, car, baseball bat, etc.

9. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    Yeah, I'm pretty well fixed because I knew that stupid people would elect obama and even stupider people would re-elect him.

In other words, I saw you coming.

10. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    But this time flipper has Barry in a more flexible second term, and sweeping control of guns, magazines and ammo are much more likely.

Congrats flip.

And yeah, I started stocking up a lot over a year ago, and won't stop until it's no longer available. No need to list what I've bought, just in case. But I have enough to last a lifetime of wild hog hunting down here in Texas.

Libs. They get what they asked for, then gripe about it. sheesh.

11. Yeah, I realized that and change my entire post. :embarassed:

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon
    What difference would there be with the upcomming gun legislation at the Federal and State level if Mittens would have won??

13. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    Whether you admit or not, you voted for gun control. It isn't right, and it won't solve anything, but it's coming and you are to blame.

14. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    We will never know. But I suspect Mittens would have tried to consolidate his base on this issue, and offer some other alternatives.

A better question is why you are trolling GNG and GTPI with the same crap?

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457968

You had a full on hard on for Barry from the beginning, you helped him get elected, and now you are going to act like you are one of us again?

Go suck a pickled egg and sleep in the bed you have made.

I can think of a thousand things I'd like to say, but that pesky TOS is still in effect, and I do try my best to be well mannered in public.

Suffice it to say, you will never be welcome in any foxhole I am also in.

buzz off.

15. Is that why you voted for Obama?

:dunno:

16. Not really, Doc.

They won't be able to gripe anymore if they really got what they are asking for.

17. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Sweet Home Alabama
  18. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    The difference...? You said Hussein wouldn't bother our guns.

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Well it's your president and your party that are going to drive this.

Congratulations.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

20. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    if the 2nd amend is curbed we also need to take a look at hollywood, i am sick and tired of these knee jerk reactions. Hollywood churnes out trash that probably influences some nut job to commit these crimes. Instead of blaming the person who comitted the act they blame the tool they used, so I blame hollywood.