close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

A 1901 tactical shotgun

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by WhiteCoyote, Sep 14, 2010.

1. WhiteCoyote

WhiteCoyote

Feb 6, 2005
    Michigun
    Recently aquired this Winchester 1897 shotgun, manufactured in 1901. It's a non-take down model, with a 20" barrel.
    It's engraved on the receiver D.P.D. (Detroit Police Department).
    For a shotgun that's nearly 110 years old it is in fairly good condition.
    Now, it I could only get it to talk! 8)
    Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Jan 15, 2002
    By my calculations, that is approximately 17 different kinds of awesome. Thanks for posting those pics.

3. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    AI&P Tactical, Tel: 231-690-0954 if you ever want to sell it. I covet your shotgun and yes, I know coveting is a sin but I am going to hell for other things anyway so I will covet it. I am in Michigan and do a lot of Armorers work for Departments in the De-riot ( as we call it) area and would love to show somthing like this to some of my clients over there. I bet it cycles slicker then eel snot. Have you shot it?

4. B.Reid

B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    Montana
    97's are great guns, but then it is a John Browning design!

5. MedicOni

MedicOni

Nov 19, 2008
    Central NM
    That is a gorgeous shotgun. Looks like it's in great shape too!

6. gnepig

gnepig Remember

Oct 13, 2009
    Fl

Yes, exactly what he said!

7. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Is that the one that you can slam fire without causing damage to the gun? If so, those suckers can get loaded and shot pretty dang fast!

8. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

Jul 10, 2001
    Alabama
    Very nice.
    The solid frame guns are less commonly seen than takedowns.

9. Those things are highly prized by Cowboy Action Shooters, who spend hundreds of dollars to slick up their actions, or to slick up Norinco clones.

10. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
  11. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    I am requesting the Moderator pull this thread. I look at it every day since you put it up and now I am dead set on finding one of these of this same vintage. I won't get lucky enought to find a De-riot (that is what we call that city) PD one but now have to have one. I don't have any room left in my three safes as it is. It will have to be in at least near the condition of the one in the picture. It will have to be original and not bubba'd up by some one. This is not going to be an easy search.

whitecoyote guy you are a trouble maker. I will not forgive you unless you find yourself over on this side of the state and bring it with you. I am just out side of Ludington so bring it with you so I can touch it and shoot it. I will then forgive you for this post. Address is on my web site www.aiptactical.com

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  12. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    great gun- I am in western NY and a friend of mine has one marked bpd (buffalo police dept) he uses it for cowboy shootd- the original winchesters rarely need slicking up as noted above.the chinese clones on the other hand are pretty rough usually

13. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Jan 15, 2002
    Ernest Borgnine always looks like somebody squished his head a little bit.

14. cdog533

cdog533 Zombie Killer

Oct 11, 2001
    1897 is slam fire. Are the Norincos slam fire capable?

15. Glockster17

Glockster17 Millennium Member

Sep 16, 1999
    Central Florida
    Great looking scattergun. I'd love to hear her stories! Take good care of her? What are your plans? Shoot it? Safe Queen it? Re-store it?. Just have fun.--Rob