Glock Talk banner

9X25 Loading Data

140K views 333 replies 53 participants last post by  MexViking 
#1 ·
Here is where you will post 9X25 loading data.
-Mike

#127 ·
well guys I'm back on the band wagon with the 9x25. I kinda got distracted with a few gun builds but I'm having a go at the 9x25 agian. this time I got some boxes of 90gr gold dots and I'm going to make them scream using long shot. I will keep you posted as to the results.
Keep us posted. I've been distracted with 10mm loads again, but I'll be back in the Dillon camp shortly.

#128 ·
Okay I might be new to this forum but definitely not new to 9x25 I actually have used several loads off if here but never got around to registering until now. I have a burning question though does anyone in here trim 9x25 ? My second issue is do not by dt 9x25 brass had to throw away 6 that were split 2 had huge dings in them 1 primer hole was not punched and 1 round completely crushed. I would post pictures but all I have at the moment is my iPad.

#129 ·
USMCFox, :welcome: to the forum! I here you about the DT brass situation.

The 9x25Dillon is a cartridge which requires a lot of attention to details, the single most important is headspacing...If you size it too deep and have too much head space it can casue neck seperations fairly easy with full power loads.

I did write to Starline Brass yesterday about a special run of 9x25Dillon marked brass. I will post when I get info one way or the other.
Looking to see what is the smallest quanity they would do...depending on what they say. If it is a large quanity maybe a group buy could be done.

Best regards!

#130 ·
_the_shadow I'm a huge fan of your data. And as for double tap they will be getting a not so flattering letter, email, and phone call. Major let down. And I would definitely be in on a buy my resized starline 10mil is 1,000 times better than the dt crap I received. I also found I hate xtps for my ten love with the nine. And opposite with the gold dots. I would love to post some of my findings however my chrono had a major malfunction when it ran into a 22-250 50 gr. Nosler. I hope to have some videos to share on YouTube tomorrow or Monday. Weather depending.

#131 ·
Below is loading data tha neither I glock talk or anyone else are legally responsible use at your own risk. Tonight I attempted to show off the fireballs my dillon made the first round chambered properly fired normally and appeared to have ejected. Then jam, removed mag rechambered jam so on and so forth for 14 rounds so I swapped barrels and put in the good old 10mm 6 inch. When I went inside I found the round which ejected was completely separated 2 mm below the neck. I was using 14.2 gr blue dot under a 90 gr xtp cci 350 new resized starline 10mm brass any suggestions comments etc. I was literally heartbroken when this occurred the one time of the year muzzle flash is acceptable I...well my gun and I choked. Earlier today I fired 15 identical rounds without a hitch. And I am a super anal reloader. So very little inconsistency . Thanks all.

#132 ·
Usmcfox, I totally understand "ANAL"! It could be that that brass was fatigued (work hardened) which led to the fractured seperation. Rifle shooter usually anneal their brass to soften the neck and shoulders. I haven't gone that route yet...

I try for the tightest shoulder fit for proper head spacing, therefore my dies don't touch the shellholder during sizing. I tried sizing with the die touching the shellholder and that allowed too much headspacing in my barrels.

#134 ·
I used a RCBS 9mm expander to do my 9x25Dillon it provides a very straight neck and which is slightly flaired to maintain proper neck tention. For my cast bullets I have to flair slightly more to avoid bullet shaving during seating with out any crimp being added, then crimped using enough to remove the flair and taper crimp finish.

Be sure to examine your barrel to be sure nothing got stuck inside with any of the seperation.

Good luck!

#136 ·
I went through the same thing before I found out about the RCBS 9mm Expander Die from Mr. Shadow. I just loaded 150rds of my 90gr XTP/12.2gr Longshot/CCI350 load last night. So far ive succesfully loaded and fired over 400rds of 9x25 Dillon using that die.

I did have issues with Nickel cases splitting at the neck during the initial sizing. They seem to be more brittle than standard brass. Some were obvious, some I really had to look hard to see. After I split 5-10 necks in a row, I gave up on sizing nickel cases for the 9x25.

#139 ·
Well I did contact Star Line about the producing brass marked 9x25 just to see how that would go...here is the answer I recieved!

The minimum quantity for a run of 9x25 Dillon with a small primer pocket would be 100,000 pieces. The price would be $136/per 1,000 and there would be a $750 tooling fee for the headstamp (What the headstamp reads would be your choice). This would be straight, un-necked brass.

Regards,

Hunter Pilant
Media Relations/Technical Support
Even trying to do a group buy would be tough to obtain 100 buyers getting 1000 pieces each...:shocked:

$13,600.00 100K brass
+ $750.00 Tooling for head stamp
$14,300.00 Total cost

I'd do this Only if I win the Lottery! :supergrin:

Reactions: Max 762
#141 ·
So just got the rcbs expander die and I am very pleased all bullets seated very straight. I will soon be replacing my 45 auto and 40/10mm lee deluxe 4 die with rcbs. I loaded up 100 rounds of nosler sporting jhp over 12.5 bd anxious to see how they perform now that I know all the bullets are seated straight. Not looking forward to firing the 150 rounds I have left using the lee expander.

#143 ·
What is the most accurate load you guys use? I was pretty happy with 115 xtps over 12.5 bd. And again nor me glock talk or anyone else is responsible for this data. I was shooting a 4" 15 shot group at 25 yards using my red dot.
What are you guys setting as a max for 115s and blue dot me and the chargemaster made an oops and loaded them all with 12 instead of 10. :whistling:
Since you already loaded & shot the 115's with 12.5gr BD, you should be good to go. Unless that was a typo of course. I got up to 11.2gr with 115gr XTP's, 1750fps/ES 15, but there was room to grow. Gun-adian worked up to 13gr BD with 115gr Sierra's, so that's another reason you should be ok.

#148 ·
Well I did contact Star Line about the producing brass marked 9x25 just to see how that would go...here is the answer I recieved!

Even trying to do a group buy would be tough to obtain 100 buyers getting 1000 pieces each...:shocked:

$13,600.00 100K brass
+ $750.00 Tooling for head stamp
$14,300.00 Total cost

I'd do this Only if I win the Lottery! :supergrin:

~.14c each .. not much of a bulk discount off the going rate of ~.15c 1000s for 10mm :( Brass margins must be thinner than expected.

#149 ·
My current 9x25 load info .. use at your own risk, your mileage may. Not responsible if you blow yourself up with it, nor for that yappy dog next door who is living on borrowed time I tell ya.

Vit N110 15.9gr 115jhp STI frame/Barsto barrel + comp 1630 fps (ave 10 shots)
Glock 20, same reamer as above 1550 fps (ave 10 shots)

This was tuned to make old school USPSA Major in the STI .. The glock is just fun to shoot.

#150 ·
Yes it would be too much of an investment just to have properly labled brass! But if I were better off financially I'd consider it, just to supply us on the cartridge!

Like I said if I ever won the lottery, I'd do this! :supergrin:

#151 ·
Wyle.E.Kyote, that sounds like a great load, Thanks for sharing that info!
I shot some with H-110 14.4 grains which seemed to have more room but I'm working with a 5" Bar-Sto in my S&W1006 and velocity doesn't build as high. I started with some Blue Dot loadings early on because it was a little faster burn and had some success.

I did tear down some DT ammo and recorded the LongShot powder charges and bullet info and I have posted that data here on the forum. Those also performed well when I tested those loadings.

Best regards! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.