Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

9x25 dillon & 800x

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by Kegs, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    Has anyone worked this combo up?

Can one load .357 bullets as well as 9mm bullets with this round?

That's all I have for now. :wavey:
  2. Meathead9

Aug 23, 2009
    The PRK
    I still have yet to test 800X in 9x25 Dillon. I had such good results with Longshot, I didn't bother digging into my 800X.

I have been running .355 XTP's (LWD Barrel), The_Shadow is loading .356 Zero's (and home-cast) out of his Bar-Sto barreled Smith & Wesson, and JTknives rolled out some .357 XTP's. We've all had good success, so it's probably dependent on each barrel's bore. I haven't gotten around to slugging my barrel yet either. JR at LWD told me his barrels are spec'd out for .355, but only a slug will tell for sure.

3. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    Kegs, I have not tried the 800X yet either for the 9x25 Dillon, however it's use in the 357Sig with the heavier 125 and 147grain bullets do show good results and lower pressures as compared to the LongShot in there load data. No mention of barrel length or test gun was listed. The 800X sould work in the 9x25 also, I just don't have any to test with.

SpongeMan66 tested a couple of loads using it post#2 in the 9x25 section.
    Measured velocities are from a 3.8" Barsto Barrel in a Glock 29. Chronograph is at 8 feet, and all are 5-shot averages. All loads below are Winchester formed brass.
    CCI-350 primers
    COL 1.285" (The longest that would function in my G29 magazines).

95 grain Remington FMJ (For 380 Auto)
    13.3 grains 800X (Primer falls out at 14.2 grains in MY gun, so this is MY max safe load of 94%)
    1772 FPS

147 Speer Gold Dot
    11.0 grains 800X (From McNett)
    1438 FPS
    Need to investigate this load. It produces a few rounds with higher than desired head expansion in my gun. 4/5/04

I think the LongShot is producing better velocities without the problems spongeman found in his test.

If you get to test any loads please share what you find!
  4. JTknives

Dec 1, 2009
    the problem is that 800x is a faster burning powder which is fine and is why it works so good in th 10mm. i will go on record and say its the best powder for the 10mm if your focusing on velocity. the problem is that when you neck a cartage down you change how the powder burns as more powder is kept in the case when its fired. what this means is that 800x is just a bit to fast for the 9x25 Dillon but perfect for the 10mm. to prove that you need a slower powder you can see that the load data for the 9x25 uses real slow powder. The perfered powder for the 9x25 Dillon is H110/W296 an VVN110. heck N110 is a rifle powder and if you loaded it in a 10mm you would get crap for velocity and most of the powder would blow out the end of the barrel. also something to consider when loading the 9x25 is what are you wanting to do. i load my 9x25 with VVN110 and i don't get as good of velocity as i would get with long-shot but it makes my comp 100% efficient and i don't have any muzzle rise. this is from the high muzzle pressure that comes from using a slower powder. but if you or i am after velocity then so far long-shot is the king.