close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

9x25 Dillon 124gr XTP hunting load

Discussion in '10mm Reloading Forum' started by JTknives, Jan 30, 2011.

1. JTknives

JTknives

Dec 1, 2009
    I am in search of a load that will push a 124gr XTP out of my 6" barrel @ 1700fps minimum. Im going to be taking a few Antelope this year and plan on taking one with the 9x25 and the 10mm and comparing a few things. I will be doing this hunt in Wyoming and so i need to hold 500ftlbs at 100 yards. if i hit 1700fps i got the cat in the bag. Spare me the "The 9x25 dillon is a target round not a hunting round" Speech. My hunting budy lives in wyoming and has taken lots of antelope over the years and gave me the green light on the 9x25. I think I'm going to have to use LongShot as my powder. staying under 40,000psi for my loads and using Quickloads to find a powder has shown that most of the powders like Blue dot, AA#7, VV105 and a few others about top out at 1690fps at around 39,000-40,000. there are a few other powders that would work if i could stuff more powder in the case, like Lil'gun for example. My problem is that my quickloads does not have LongShot. Any idea on a powder to play with. i don't trust QuickLoads 100% any way but I'm trying to find a powder to start with.

2. JTknives

JTknives

Dec 1, 2009
    I found it, VihtaVuori n105 is just what i need. here is what my QuickLoads spit out for me. Notice it burns most of its powder in the barrel and still has a nice high muzzle PSI for working the comp.