Glock Talk banner

9x25 dillion

13K views 50 replies 9 participants last post by  6-b-kwik 
#1 ·
was thinking about trying this round out in my 20....so far i gathered u can use factory 10mm mags..and all i need is a drop in barrel from lone wolf...would i need compensated for it ?or is all drop in's 6 inch not sure any help be great...also i dont reload would have to buy ammo im guessing online?or is this something some gun shops carry? thxs for help greg:dunno:

#2 ·
Well the 9x25Dillon is a unique round, Underwood Ammo and Double Tap Ammo are the only commercial loadings that I know of...Both would be online purchases...
At the moment Underwood was only showing 125gr bullets where as DT has several bullet weights to choose from.

If you decide not to handload save you brass and keep me in mind...because this cartridge case is subjected to very high pressures, they are prone to failures. So I'm always needing some extra brass. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about the 9x25 Dillons.

If you wish to reload for this cartridge I would suggest you read everything posted here; http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228796

Dillon makes the dies that will make the properly necked cartridge cases but they are expensive. They consist of the Sizer Die which has two carbide sections one for the 10mm and one for the 9mm sections. The set also contains the Seater die and Taper Crimp, these have a double ended seater plug that is shaped for Turncated Cone & Round nose bullet profiles. You will still need a 9mm sized neck expander die (I use either my RCBS 9mm or my LEE 357Sig expander) to uniform the necks to accept the bullets without crushing the neck section but still allow good neck tension.

#3 ·
You are correct that all you really need is to drop in the barrel. Since super high velocity is a big part of the whole point of 9x25MM, as far as I know there are no barrels less than 6" long available in that caliber. You do not have to have a compensator, but using one was also part of the original point of the cartridge. By having so much slow burning powder in the cases, there is still a large amount of high pressure gas shooting out of the barrel for quite a while (as in microseconds) after the bullet has left, and this is what makes compensators work so well with 9x25. But I shoot it with no compensator and it recoils no worse than hot 10MM does.

Plus, I'll basically 2nd what Shadow said too.....

#4 ·
cool im gonna look up and see what i can get so far im liking the prices of underwood ammo i dont reload so ill try to save brass..i have some 10mm brass i been saving when i shoot the brass ammo....cool i am excited to try this be like buying a whole new gun!!!

#6 ·
I have a 3.78" 9x25Dillon LWD barrel for my G-29 but with barrels shorter than 6" you will not see the higher velocity numbers the round is capable of. My S&W sports a 5" Match Grade Bar-Sto 9x25 Dillon barrel (no longer made), and it even lacks being shorter than 6". Working to get a G-20 to use the 6" barrel from LWD that I picked up.

The Comp is not necessary but if you were to shoot in competetion it woul help to keep you on target easier/faster. The comp dosen't help velocity but does help with slide velocity to an extent.

#9 ·
Man you may not want a ported version, the bang & flash will ring your ears and light up your life! (people who had ported and comped guns reported they use double hearing protection because of the shear noise at he shooter's area due to the comps).
I perfer all of the pressure, noise, flames and gases go straight out the front and away from the shooter...but that is just me! If you turn that thing loose at an indoor range ported or comp is worst...it is loud!

#10 ·
I happen to be selling a Blind Marked 6" LWD 10mm-9x25 Dillon Conversion Barrel. It has about 300rds through it & it's in excellent condition. It cost me almost $150 new from LWD, but I'll take $100 shipped for it. PM me if you're interested.

#12 ·
does anyone make a 6inch dillion barrel for glock
Bar Sto used to, but I think I might have got the very last one they had. I also have a LWD 6" 9x25 but I like the Bar Sto better. Nicer looking rifling in that barrel, but I have never really done any conclusive test as to whether it really shoots any more accurate though.

As far as I know LWD is about the only place to get them right now, and there price was always lowest on them anyway. The Bar Sto was almost twice the price.

#13 · (Edited)
Man you may not want a ported version, the bang & flash will ring your ears and light up your life! (people who had ported and comped guns reported they use double hearing protection because of the shear noise at he shooter's area due to the comps).
I perfer all of the pressure, noise, flames and gases go straight out the front and away from the shooter...but that is just me! If you turn that thing loose at an indoor range ported or comp is worst...it is loud!
6-b-kwik pay attention to this. 9x25 is an extremely loud round. What Shadow says is the main reason I never went for a compensator on mine.

#14 ·
got it brian im always listening for advice!!! i just wanna spend my money best way possiable...ill probly just do 6inch LWD.....funny i tried telling my girlfriend this she insisted on a 32c i have on order for here as a carry gun! but were gonna do some swaps for CC and range time!! awsome people in this thread BTW

#20 · (Edited)
backordered until 1/8/13 ugghh lol and underwood is out
Back ordered till 1/8.. :rofl:

Don't get your hopes up... I've had one back ordered for 5 months. Every month they just push the back order date back another month.

I can't fathom what the hell can take that long making a barrell. :dunno:

#22 ·
Back ordered till 1/8.. :rofl:

Don't get your hopes up... I've had one back ordered for 5 months. Every month they just push the back order date back another month.

I can't fathom what the hell can take that long making a barrell. :dunno:
It's hard to keep tabs on your barrels, when they're made in Korea.

#25 ·
Anyone do any gel tests with them? I'd like to see what a 80 gr. pistol bullet does at 2120fps.
Seing how most 80 grain bullets were designed for the .380, they will likely fragment explosively it they are of the HP design.:wow:

I tested a 121 grain JHP from ZERO that were designed for the 38Super and they will flatten out even at 1400 fps in water jugs.

#26 ·
Seing how most 80 grain bullets were designed for the .380, they will likely fragment explosively it they are of the HP design.:wow:
No doubt lead ones would, but the 80gr. bullet I was referring to was the copper TAC-XP. The petals will certainly sheer off a 9x25 speeds, but I think the copper base will remain intact.

Here's that .380 80gr. at 1,545 fps. http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/13391/9-mm-doubletap-80-grain-tac-xp/ It still retained 75% of its mass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.