Glock Talk banner

9x25 dillion

13K views 50 replies 9 participants last post by  6-b-kwik 
#1 ·
was thinking about trying this round out in my 20....so far i gathered u can use factory 10mm mags..and all i need is a drop in barrel from lone wolf...would i need compensated for it ?or is all drop in's 6 inch not sure any help be great...also i dont reload would have to buy ammo im guessing online?or is this something some gun shops carry? thxs for help greg:dunno:

#27 ·
#28 · (Edited)
Keep in mind that those are 100% copper bullets, they can shed the petals or actully fold them back beyond their max diameter. To me they are cost prohibitive to shoot them as they are pricey for the box count...Also these bullets ar longer than there lead core counterparts by weight. That extra length takes up powder space and raise chamber pressures if not adjusted.

#32 ·
Contact Underwood to make you some! He might be able to hook you up!
Underwood normally stocks 2 varieties (125 gr. TMJ and JHP), but is out of stock (like everything else).

Double Tap has a bunch of varieties (80 gr. Barnes through 180 gr. WFNGC), and not showing out of stock (FWIW). Spendy at above/below $1/rd, depending on quantity.

I've not tried either, I roll my own.

#40 ·
6-b-kwik, the 9x25 barrel I have for my G-29 3.78" don't bring the best performance from this cartridge that it is capable of. Even my 5.0" barrel for my S&W1006 is still on the short side. The performance from the longer barrels (6") brings it alive. However it is still a neat round to mess with.

Double Tap may still have some ammo in stock...Best of luck! :)

#50 ·
6-b-kwik, do you handload? It would be nice to know what UW is loading these days in the 9x25's...
Previous loadings were with 800X and LongShot in the pull-downs, but with the current supplies being what they are we have seen him using different powders with the 10mm stuff, so I have to wonder about the 9x25's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.