close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9rd. Magazine 30sf & Trijicon vs. truglo TF0

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BamaGlock, Apr 17, 2012.

1. BamaGlock

BamaGlock BamaGlock

Any 30sf owners that use 9 round magazines to cc there gun? And which is better, trijicon (not the hd) or the truglo TFO?

2. scottz0369

scottz0369

I use the stock 10 round magazines, and haven't had a single issue with them. What would be the advantage with a 9 round magazine?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. BamaGlock

BamaGlock BamaGlock

A half an Inch. It would be slightly more compact. What about holster. I really am looking for a good owb belt holster?

4. scosgt

scosgt

I use the 9 rounders with the PG-29 finger extension. It does aid in concealment, the part of the gun that will stick out is the back of the 10 rounder floorplate.
    I use the upper from my G36, and it has Tru-Glo sights and they are wonderful.

5. DRJ1911

DRJ1911

I carry with the 10rd mag in the gun and a 13rd mag on my belt. I have Glock NS and carry in a Adams Leather Pancake or a Adams IWB. I have TFO's on a couple of my Glock's and they are my favorite by far.

Doyle

6. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

I also carry with the stock 10 round Magazine, I also have a nine round one as well and have not even used it yet LOL... but will give it a try one of these days.. it does make the grip a little bit smaller ...

7. vinstang67

vinstang67

I have a regular G30 just started switching to 9 rounds mags w/o extension.
    I shoot fine with both, and maybe better with 9 rounds mags ( pinky issue).
    I got the 9 rounds mags for concealability but I am small built (5'8" 130#).
    The 9 rounds mags are currently left as loaded, and I need to go through more rounds to be sure there is no issues with the new mags.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

My girlfriend uses the 9-rnd mag exclusively in her G30SF CCW and adds the Pearce PG-29 grip. The G30SF is a challenge for the ladies to conceal and this configuration helps her. I'm still trying to convince her to carry a spare mag (everyone should), but she just brushes the suggestion off and tells me that's why she keeps me around. :) I carry a 13-rnd spare for my G30SF (10+1) and all our mags are interchangeable. Her excuse isn't cutting it with me.

I've read good things about TruGlo TFO and a summary of negative reports about them, but wasn't convinced to try them. All my iron sights have used Trijicon lamps, but the night sight brands were Warren Tactical, Sevigny Carry, and AmeriGlo I-Dot Pro.

FYI, Glock is no longer producing the 9-rnd G30 mag according to confirmation I received in an e-mail on 6/17/2011 from a Glock District Manager who had verified it with the Tech Services Manager. At that time, he thought the future availability of new, 9-rnd mags would be limited to current inventory of Glock, Inc. and vendors. Unless they start up production again, new G30 9-rnd mags will become increasingly difficult to find.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012