close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

9mm

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by markofva, Dec 4, 2011.

1. On the 9mm shell is the amount of powder the same regardless of the weight of the bullet.

2. Heck no!

3. Vanilla-gorilla

Vanilla-gorilla Registered Noob

I concur.

4. redbrd

redbrd

Sep 20, 2005
    You need to break out a manual. What bullet weights are you using?

5. ColoCG

ColoCG

Mar 18, 2011
    Colorado
    If you are planning to reload, you might want to pick up a few good books like The ABC's of Reloading and read it cover to cover. If you still plan on reloading you will need at least 2 good manuals like the Lyman, or Speer before you even consider reloading.

These will give you an idea of what type of equipment is available and what you need. Then if you have questions, they will be gladly answered.

6. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    :shocked:

I don't reload but even I would logically deduce that the answer is "no". Even with my lower-than-newbie reloading knowledge, there's a whole bunch of factors that are involved.

In particular is the fact that different brands of powder burn at different rates, developing different pressures. Additionally from looking at the shelf at the store, there are different types of powder within a brand line.

7. atakawow

atakawow

Jan 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Lack of reading is the fuel for the saying "reloading is dangerous" fire.

8. ColoCG

ColoCG

Mar 18, 2011
    Colorado

Very Good, You already know a lot more than the op.:wavey:

9. PhantomF4E

PhantomF4E

Aug 24, 2010
    South Florida
    :popcorn:Getting some popcorn ready for this one ......

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  10. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    Thanks. I'm soaking up whatever knowledge I can from lurking the reloading forum. I'm seriously considering reloading.

I'm reading The ABC's of Reloading now. Then I'll get a reloading manual. Then I'll research the different equipment options. Before financially committing to reloading equipment & ammo components, I have to get some credible base knowledge.

I'm with ya! :popcorn:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  11. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    NO!!!
    Depending on bullet weight, powder type and what you want it to do the charge weight of powder will be different.
    Please either check out a reloading manual and/or the powder companies (powder you will use) web site for load data.
    Don't want hear about you loosing some fingers. :supergrin:

12. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    First off, Shotguns use "Shells", rifles and pistols use "Cartridges". The amount of powder can vary widely depending on the powder, bullet weight and sometimes even the primer used.
    Get a good Handloading Manual and give it a read, it'll really open your eyes to what you're suppose to do.

13. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Montanuh