Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

9mm to .357 conversion

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by billiardcue, Nov 13, 2012.

  1. billiardcue


    Sep 1, 2012
    40 cal & .357 Glocks can be converted to 9mm.

    Can it be done the other way? G17 9mm to shoot .357?
  2. barth

    barth six barrels

    Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    But even if you can, you really don't want to.
    It's usually better to just get a second gun.
    Notes from JR before he disappeared on African Safari.
    "The frames of the 26/27/33/39 are all the same.
    You can convert a 26 to a 27 by installing a complete top end and switching the trigger housing from 9 to 40. You will also need a 27 magazine."
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

  3. serger


    Feb 24, 2009
    To go from a 9mm to the 357 Sig you need a different slide, barrel, ejector and extractor. And mags. the frame doesn't care but you are looking at the cost of a gun for the parts unless you wait and look carefully. the conversion is easy. I went from 40S&W to 9mm. That was easier.
    Get a Glock 22 upper and then just get the 357 barrel and you've got 3 calibers. Down side is you bought 1 and a half guns worth of parts to do it +/-. You'll still need the ejector and mags for this conversion.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  4. Bruce M

    Bruce M

    Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    I am reasonably sure that a good gunsmith could open up the breach face of the G17 slide. Then it would need probably need a conversion barrel to fire 9mm. Probably wouldn't cost much more than just buying another gun, but it might be a great solution if, for instance, someone was where they cannot import another pistol.
  5. G26S239

    G26S239 NRA Patron

    Mar 17, 2008
    Glock 22/31 has a slide about 1.2 ounces heavier tha a 17.
  6. unit1069


    Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    Not without prohibitive cost and potential difficulties. It would be more cost effective to just purchase a .40S&W/.357sig pistol that you can then easily convert to 9mm.
  7. DannyR

    DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

    Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Best way to convert a 3-pin 9mm Glock to 40 or 357 would be:

    1. Buy a complete upper
    2. Buy appropriate magazines
    3. Change the ejector

    Don't even think about it with a 2-pin 9mm Glock.

    Milling a breechface may prove costly and then you also have to enlarge the nose ring so that the barrel will fit.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012