close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

9mm nylon jacketed ammo?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by JaPes, Oct 23, 2011.

1. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    While shopping for ammo at Cabela's today, I found:

[​IMG]

Cabela's branded Herters (mfg by Blazer). 115gr, 9mm, total nylon jacketed ammo.

[​IMG]

Has anyone here used this ammo yet? I've never seen it before. It might just be in my head, but the round felt really light. The nylon jacket had some give to it when I pressed into it with my nail.

The price was $10.47 per box of 50rds.

2. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

This is a new product designed strictly for Cabelas. It also comes in 40S&W and 45ACP.

Basically it is similar to the older S&W and Federal brand "Nyclad" nylon coated handgun ammo. The thin layer of nylon will help keep the levels of airborne lead particles down while shooting at indoor ranges.

3. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

Aug 21, 2010
    NW Burbs, IL
    Thanks for the info!

4. miversen30

miversen30

Oct 17, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    not the proper fourm!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
  5. tcruse

tcruse

Jun 10, 2011
    Shot several boxes in gen 3 Glock 26 and gen 4 Glock 17. No problems. Clean and reliable. 9mm on sale foe 10.45 at fw store.

6. kmrcstintn

kmrcstintn

Apr 16, 2002
    Hershey, PA
    why isn't this the proper forum?!? it is an ammo question in an ammo forum; I am glad the question was asked...these nylon clad loads look interesting and I would like to get some; if I didn't read it here I would not have known to order it from Cabela's; thanks

7. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Just a side note folks, Herters TNJ ammo comes in 40 S&W and 45ACP too.

8. NavyMSU

NavyMSU

Oct 26, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Better check your range policies. Some ranges with a stick up their butts won't allow aluminum or steel cases because they can't resell them to reloaders and don't want to have to sort them out manually...

Otherwise, at $20 for 50 in .45, it's not a great deal, would think it would be cheaper due to copper/brass getting expensive.

I guess the only advantage is for people with money to spare so they can shoot more cleanly and save themselves time cleaning their guns at the end of the day.

9. tcruse

tcruse

Jun 10, 2011
    Cabelas web page now lists the 9mm for 9.95 reg price. I would think that indoor ranges would especially like these for the lower lead exposure and for cleaner rental guns. I am not sure about which ranges sell their brass, one of the indoor ranges that I go to explicitly say that they will not ever sell any brass, all of theirs is sent to scrap metal dealer, dur to potential liability issues.

10. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    SO the guy has 7 posts & is now the internet police? Not to mention any ammo question is good to go in the caliber forum.:tongueout:]
    When Federal made the Nyclad, the 9mm was one of it's better performers.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  11. miversen30

miversen30

Oct 17, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I have a left over box of Federal Nyclad 124g HP. If any is interested send me a PM.

Mike I