close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

9mm mags?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Polak, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

Jan 13, 2008
    North Jersey
    I about to buy a Dan Wesson Guardian and was wondering what are good and reliable mags I could buy for it.

I see the Wilson Combats seem to have good reviews, but how are they in 9mm in a Dan Wesson?

2. youngAR

youngAR

Dec 4, 2010
    DFW, TX
    Tripp Research and Metalform are excellent mags for the 9mm.

3. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Tripp Research Cobra Mags are the best IMHO. I previously had a 9mm 1911. Tripp Mags are the only ones I will use in a 1911 from now on. Made extremely well.

4. AKRover

AKRover 10MM Fanatic

Jun 22, 2012
    Kenai, Alaska
    I recommend Tripp Research as well. Not only do they make a quality product but they provide excellent customer service.

I recently ordered magazine springs and followers for my Delta Elite magazines. When the charge posted to my bank account it was $35 less than expected. I emailed them to find out if something was on back order or why the price difference. I received a prompt response from Shari that she had priced it as upgrade kits rather than individual parts to save me money. The upgrade kits are only offered for the .45 ACP on the website, not 10mm like I need. To me, it says a lot about the company when they're willing to help their customers save money.

5. cyberiad

cyberiad

Feb 18, 2005
    Near RTP NC
    Another vote for the the Tripp magazines. They work perfectly in my 9mm Kimber. I haven't had any reason to try any other brand.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Mec-Gar.

There's a reason why a ton of manufacturers use them as OEM mags.

7. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Sep 8, 2002
    dixie
    I vote for tripp research and 10 rnd metalforms. Also all of my CMC .38 super mags work well for 9mm.

8. Yet another vote for Tripp Cobramags. My NHC Talon 9mm came with them so I ordered ten more... to date, no FTF's.

9. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

Jul 10, 2001
    Alabama
    My 9mms are not DWs, but I like the Tripp.
    Wilson ETM are ok, as are current Metalform.
    The above are 10 rounds.
    If 9 will do, the Metalform-Springfield Front Ramp is good.
    For that matter the original Colt and Metalform factory type with rear spacer work, too.
    But the gun has to be right, 9mm 1911s seem more finicky about their setup, ammo, and mags than other calibers.

10. MajorD

MajorD

Aug 16, 2010
    I have a lightly customized colt 70 series and while tripp and wilson have a good reputation, they are expensive at over 30 bucks each. My Colt has like metalforms which were on sale at midway for under 20 each.

11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    And CDNN sells it even cheaper.:supergrin:

12. Lew-G17

Lew-G17

Feb 3, 2002
    Central, NC
    All I buy, and they work great.