close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

9mm guys, will you switch in a post-ban era?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by SoldMyHat, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Frank V

Frank V

Jan 20, 2011
    S.W. Montana
    I'm starting to think a G23, a Lone Wolf .357 Sig bbl & a Lone Wolf 9mm bbl make a lot of sence!:whistling:
    Frank

2. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    Geeze, your logic is so warped. A vote for anyone BUT Romney was a vote for Obama. That is pretty clear. If you don't get that, then you really are out there with your head in the sand my friend. There were only so many votes to go around. So everyone not for Romenty WAS for Obama. You have to take responsibilty for yorr actions. It's what is wrong w/ the country today, the not my fault syndrom.:dunno:
    Same here in Kalif. It doesn't matter how I voted here. Obama could have won here if he was a convicted child molester. Yes voters here are that stupid. Just look at our reps: Pelosi, Boxer, Feinstein, fricking J. Brown as gov again! Doomed!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

3. thesilverbullet

thesilverbullet

Dec 28, 2011
    DeepSouth
    if they take CA's approach, current owners will be grandfarthered in....

4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    In that case, a vote for anyone but Obama was a vote for Romney.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Well, yes. Even Feinstein's wet dream isn't outright banning them entirely, just the transfer of them.

6. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Yes, IT IS

An outright ban, mr and mrs American, turn them all in

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDTB_aXTCUs"]Feinstein on guns: 'Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in' - YouTube[/ame]

7. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    All liberals want a total ban. If they could & not die trying, they would. Look at ANY country @ any point in hsitory upto current times, you can not run roughshod over an armed population. Liberals fear gun owners because we stand in their way of their utopian society. The 2A has never been about hunting, but as long as they can split hunter apart from other gun owners, they will win. You don't like the AR or Glock, you only bird hunt, fine, but don't be fooled. A $10,000 Perazzi O/U, sawed off,, makes a devistating criminal weapon.
    So when all the "bad guns" are outlawed & crime is still running rampant, they'll come after your bird gun or deer rifle. After all, a scoped sighted deer rifle is a "sniper weapon" right? No, no further compromise. You don't compromise w/ rabid dogs or power hungry politicians. Join the NRA, they are not perfect but it's about all we ahve. VOTE, but vote smart. When it's on the line, a few votes may matter & throwing them away for candidates that have no chance of winning is just that, throwing it away.
    No Warp, I can tell you are a libertarian, you just don't do math well. If Romney needed 1000 votes to win & 1000 people voted for X-other candidate, then it was a vote for Obama. So simple even a liberal can understand that math. That is why they hate when they get a serious greenparty candidate running, it waters down their guys vote. It's how we got Clinton when Pero ran. The diff, Pero actually had a slim chance to win early on. Not so for Paul or any other candidate last Nov. It was Romney or Obama, clear choice, any other vote was a vote for Obama.

8. ImpeachObama

ImpeachObama Fuhgettaboutit

Dec 31, 2010
    Fuhgettaboutit
    You can't argue with Fred. Other than his hate on Tightgroup powder, I find the guy right on everything else. :embarassed:

9. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Too bad I was never going to vote for Romney anyway.

I'm not sure how, after everything you just said, you can so fervently support voting for the only man of the finalists that actually had an AWB in his past.

The lesser of two evils is still evil

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  10. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    So, who will the GOP put up against Hillary in 2016! HC will win!

11. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
    I agree. I consistently find myself agreeing with Fred, even on the Tightgroup; bought a pound to try and won't buy it again. I like WW231 better and WST has to be my next "fast" powder.

I do think, if you look at the big picture, this election did come down to the fact that any vote other than Romney was a vote for Obama.

Look, I am a Ron Paul conservative but I sure as heck didn't vote for someone who had no chance against Obama. In effect, my vote for Romney was a vote against Obama. Romney was never my favorite candidate, but he was miles ahead of that stinker in the Whitehouse.

12. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
  13. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    Moot point, but what Romney did in MAss is not necessarily what he would support for the country. He is light years ahead of the golfer&Chief on fiscal policy. He would NEVER appoint the liberal judges the spender&cheif will. Big picture Warp. Obama is a frickin disaster for this country. JimmyCarter was a better pres & Carter was pure crap.
    Consider just this, forget the gun issue; in the 232yrs before Obam, the country spent $10.4T. When Obama is gone, HE & his liberal bretheren will have spenf twice that, or $21T! For that we get nothing but an empty airbag, no roads, bridges, train tracks, nothing but air. Just that alone is teason, just that alone is gorunds for impeachment IMO. To spend $11T in an 8yr span & have absolutely nothing to show for it. So to say lesser of two evils is evil is nieve. Define evil? Some did not like the fact he was Mormon, some that he was corp? It sounds more like maybe a bit of prejudice against his faith or big business? Again, all moot, we are so screwed & few are paying attention. When the interest rates go up & we have to pay $10/g for gas & milk & 8% unempl is the norm, maybe people will figure out lesser of two evils was far less evil.:dunno:

14. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    SUre you can argue, just bring facts! The problem in elections is very few that vote actually know anything about anything. Why we get the tools in office we have.:whistling: Like liberals, I will never embrace TG.

15. kenndapp

kenndapp

May 20, 2012
    forget fienstien. i am so sick of seeing the disgraceful hag. see needs to take her nappy crypt keeper self somewhere else. i am downright disgusted by the sight of this wretched heifer to the point of physical discomfort.

on another note am i disappointed with some of you in this thread. i don't know if its out of paranoia of whose watching the thread or if we just have alot of new shooters who don't have much investment or value in their rights yet but......im shocked at how quickly we are just rolling over and talking about 10 round neutered mags and how we plan on changing calibers to suit our neutered weapons. the thread should of been called....."9mm guys, when you just roll over and ALLOW your rights to be raped what caliber will they ALLOW you to use"

sorry. im not sure if that was appropriate at this juncture in the conversation but i just had to get that off my chest. been wanting to say this for pages now.

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Exactly. Big picture.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

I choose not to vote for evil.

17. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
    I assume, then, that you stayed away from the polls and refrained from casting a vote??? :whistling:

18. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
  19. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Nope.

And yet I didn't vote for evil.

It's amazing what you can do with your vote, if you use your noggin

20. fredj338

fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    so.cal.
    Well by not voting, or voting your precious heart, we got evil didn't we?? If everyone that thought like you voted Romeny, maybe we wouldn't have idot&chief & his side kick Walter.:dunno: All moot though, but consider the next election, we lose the house, gonna get real ugly.