9mm Gold Dot 124 Grain +p shooting Brooklyn NY

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Brooklyn123456, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Brooklyn cops kill Carroll Gardens man that lunged at them with knife after stabbing roommate in chest

The unidentified man was rushed to Lutheran Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries following the incident on Court St. A source said cops yelled 'Drop it!' before opening fire.
    Cops fatally shot man who lunged at them with a knife near Zen Spa on Court St. in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. The unidentified Carroll Gardens resident, 28, stabbed his roommate in the shoulder and was rushing toward uniformed cops on Court St. near Hamilton Ave. at 8 p.m. when the officers opened fire, hitting him in the torso.
    Paramedics took him to Lutheran Medical Center, but doctors were unable to save him.
    Sources said cops were called to the scene after the 53-year-old roommate ran into the Zen Spa on Court St. and said he had just been knifed. The victim was retelling his story to two officers when he saw his attacker on the street and pointed him out.

“The cops approach, and he lunges at police with a knife in his hand,” a law enforcement source said. “Witnesses at the scene recall cops yelling, ‘Drop it! Drop it!’ ”

The stabbed man was taken to Lutheran Medical Center with nonlife-threatening injuries. One of the officers suffered tinnitus and was taken to Long Island College Hospital.

Hours after the shooting, a knife was still lying about 20 feet from the spa’s entrance — right next to a pool of blood.

The police-involved shooting took place as hundreds of Brooklynites bid farewell to Kimani Gray, a 16-year-old shot and killed by cops in East Flatbush on March 9.

It also took place a day after NYPD narcotics cops shot and wounded a 20-year-old man who pulled a gun on them during a Brownsville drug bust, officials said.

Carroll Gardens residents said they’re worried about the uptick in police-involved shootings in the city in recent weeks.

“The only times I see shootings are when cops do it,” said Matt Birnbaum, 23. “I think anyone who carries a weapon, who’s told their life is in danger every day — which maybe it is — of course you’re going to be trigger-happy.”

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...