close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

9mm ejector in a .40??

Discussion in 'The .40 S&W Club' started by ADK_40GLKr, Apr 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    My only problem with my G34 conversion barrel in my G22 is that the ejected brass is coming out low and slow. Some lands a couple feet away at about 4:00 and the rest bounce off my knuckles, hat, glasses, elbow, etc.

I'm considering installing a 9mm ejector, but have "heard" that the angle of the ejector might cause it to hit a primer if I racked the slide back hard on a live .40 round.

Has anyone ever heard of such an "open breech accidental discharge" or have any experience with how a 9mm ejector affects a spent .40 round?
    (Assuming we're talking about using the appropriate barrel for each round)

2. vaquero aleman

vaquero aleman "ah-lay-mahn"

Jan 9, 2009
    The Wild Wild West
    I don't know about that but I just put about 150 rounds through my new 23 and quite a few of the cases landed on my head, arms and the back of my neck. You don't realize just how hot the brass comes out until it touches sensitive skin!

3. ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    How are you shooting, vaquero? Behind-your-head-with-a-mirror trick shots, or gangsta style so the brass ejects straight up? :tongueout:

Seriously, though, that's one reason I always wear a baseball cap pulled low over my glasses. I figure no-harm no-foul as long as they don't raise welts, but I'd hate to catch a hot one behind my glasses!

You might need one of those hats with a 360 brim. (On second thought, that hat in your avatar ought to work.)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  4. ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
  5. ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    10 Glocks? or 10mm? 10 shots? (NY rule) 10 feet? Tennifer finish??

Etc.