Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

9mm Barrel Break-in

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by Tom D, Jan 15, 2013.

1. I'll be replacing the factory barrel in m y gen 3 Mod34 primarily to shoot lead. I see it was shipped today and wondered what others have done as their barrel prep. Never considered it with a handgun though always followed a prepping ritual with my long guns.

I'll call KKM and see what they might recommend just wondering what others do.
  2. leros

Oct 31, 2011
    OC So Cal
    KKM recommends running at least 3 "clips" (as he called it) of jacketed bullets through the barrels, run the Glock brush through it a few times then a dry cloth. After that you are good to go.

I have a KKM in my G26 and just broke it in with moly coated lead. I just ordered a KKM for a G17 that I bought on Monday and will break it in as he instructed.

3. that sounds pretty fast and I'll follow your advice. thanks
  4. tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    I do the Frog Lube paste treatment then lube with liquid CLP Frog Lube and shoot!
  5. Just read some reviews on it and seems like its worth a try. I ordered some.
  6. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    I am curious to know what everyone thinks is actually happening inside a finished barrel by shooting a few rounds through it that was wasnt already done during the manufacturing process.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013