close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9mm ammo

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Pepe308, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Pepe308

Pepe308
    Expand Collapse
    Noypi

Just planning to try on 9mm, asking anybody what's their preferred bullet weight and type on their 9mms. Thanks in advance.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. batangueno

batangueno
    Expand Collapse
    Shock Resist

For competition, 124gr fmj.

3. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

115 grain +P corbon hollowpoint, light and fast

4. bulm540

bulm540
    Expand Collapse

IN production here , 147s

5. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

Always preferred 115 grs. +p. But since budget would not allow for imported premium ammo. I first settled with S&B JHP, then I tried Twin Pines Silver Bullets 115 grs. with 100% reliability thru more than 400 rounds so far. Will also try Tactical Edge XTP loaded rounds when I come accross it. Sana lang may 115 grs +p sila.

6. Pepe308

Pepe308
    Expand Collapse
    Noypi

I guess you are more or less aware where I'm going to with this inquiries... .

7. Django

Django
    Expand Collapse

+1.

8. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

According to one gun magazine, Fiocci ammo are loaded to +p specs, particularly their NATO 9mm, 124 grain rounds, even though these are labeled as standard pressure rounds.

9. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

This is because european manufactured ammos follow the CIP standard and not the SAAMI. CIP standard ammo are loaded hotter than the SAAMI. So S&B and Fiocchi are actually +P although they are standard loads conforming to CIP standard

10. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

For feed reliability, I'll go with the 124 gr Federal Hydra Shok, the Golden Saber, and the 115 gr Silvertip. For FMJ, I'd choose either 115 or 124 gr IMI, the 124 gr GECO and 124 gr Hungarian ammo in white boxes, packed 25 rds each.

11. Pepe308

Pepe308
    Expand Collapse
    Noypi

Noted guys. Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated. Just in case you'd like to ask what brand of 9mm I'm about to try, its the NZ85. Lakas manghatak ni Darwin eh, hehe, kaya sana ibigay na bonus ko!!! Kidding aside, I already saw his new piece, though did not fired it, like it really with the forged steel blues Norincos are famous for (except for their Sig clones). Hope to see you guys on the Christmas party... .

12. New_comer

New_comer
    Expand Collapse

Why?

What's with the Norc Sigs? Di ba forged mga yun?

13. darwin25

darwin25
    Expand Collapse
    Make your move

The slides yes, frame is made of alloy. BTW ang kapal ng bakal sa frame ng NZ-85. Halos doble yung kapal sa frames ng 1911 nila. Or is this common with the CZ pattern guns? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

14. New_comer

New_comer
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it was designed as such to maintain overall balance; otherwise baka maging grip heavy resulting to undesirable increase in muzzle flip when shooting.

In response to the original question, I maintain two magfuls of Fiocchi 115gr and 147gr FMJHP's, and 'roll my own' using the 124 gr Gold Dot slugs I bought from Hahn loaded major. :cool:

15. Pepe308

Pepe308
    Expand Collapse
    Noypi

And since its made of alloy, expect it to be lightweight. lighter than their NZ and 1911 cousins that is. Katuwa, parang pellet gun sa gaang! :)

16. Pepe308

Pepe308
    Expand Collapse
    Noypi

Just curious sir, why 124? Is this the standard load for a 9mm? (like the orig. 230gr. for a .45) coz Bulm uses 147? If I'm on to the "break-in" period of my 9mm what would you recommend? SOrry for being a greenhorn and I'm used to a 230gr. only... .

17. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

I think Twin Pines sell 115gr XTP that they load. Not sure if they're loaded +P, though.

18. toxic

toxic
    Expand Collapse

Lets admit it, most of the guns (if not all) out there are marketed/intended for the American public, since they are backed up with their second ammendment sila pinakamalaking market in the world , a small percentage of guns being produced go elsewhere: Asia, Africa and some countries in europe.

In the US all product has to pass certain standards before you see it in stores , which is for consumer and manufacturers protection.
    MAHILIG KASE SILA SA DEMANDA.

In the US of A (ANSI)American National Standards institute is the so called agency for Standardization of consumer products.
    (SAAMI)Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute is the accredited standard developer for Guns and Ammunitions and other gun related products and CIP is its counterpart in Europe.(as Darwin 25 also mentioned in his post).

Here is what SAAMI do:
    The primary work of SAAMI is done by its Technical Committee in the setting of industry standards. Product standards for firearms and ammunition are developed by two Product Standards Task Forces, one for ammunition and one for firearms. Recommendations of the task forces are submitted for review by the entire Technical Committee. Other key areas of technical expertise and standardization include pressure measurement, muzzle loading, and working toward universal, internationally recognized standards by working with the Commission Internationale Permanente (CIP). In Europe, proof houses or testing facilities for firearms and ammunition, have set European standards since the 1800s. The CIP is an international association of proof houses. By working together, the CIP and SAAMI are working towards the development of international standards.

SAAMI,ANSI also work with ATF, environmental agencies and transfortation agencies on the standardization of guns and ammo products for exporting and importing naman.

Conclusion SAAMI/CIP requires Guns and Ammo product manufacturers to abide with the standards they set again for consumer protection and the Protection of the manufacturers in any liability/ies.
    For 9mm 124g probably is the standard load SAAMI/CIP have approved.
    and 230gr for .45cal its just my wild guess.

Check the manual of your 9mm and also your .45 pistol , you will see there the "Use only yadiyadah gr on this PISTOL" otherwise any accident or damage to your pistol will void the warranty.

It would be wise to follow the OFM pistol manual cuz im sure they had spend lots of time and money to test thier products. Experimenting on loads is also good , thats our right as a consumer, just make sure you have your loads done by a reputable loader. Now if you are loading or will be doing your own load, there are books and expert loaders you can talk to with regard to the proper loads and equipment.

Mahaba na to for me 115gr,124gr,125gr lead heads for practice, 124gr fmj in comps lead/fmj and 124gr hp for carry.

For Break in : always Full metal jacket 124gr min 200 rounds then again check your Pistol manual

19. sigglockfan

sigglockfan
    Expand Collapse

guys, where to buy them locally? i only know twin pines but they only carry armscor and couldn't remember the other brand.

winchester?, silver tip or black talon ba yun! just heard it when i was still growing up and knows nothing about ammos before

i'll be feeding this to a g19

thanks a lot bog 'ers!:)

20. Pepe308

Pepe308
    Expand Collapse
    Noypi

To sir Toxic: Thank you sir, that was very informative. :)