9mm Ammo Weight as Deciding Factor to Carry

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by robhic, Oct 3, 2012.

1. dpadams6

dpadams6
    Expand Collapse

Exactly. You cant dispute the incredible track record of both those rounds in the street. THEY SIMPLY WORKED. I take what the Fbi says about performance of rounds with grain of salt.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. English

English
    Expand Collapse

I am afraid that is almost precisely what they did do. Their recomendations were based on untested theories about the nature of incpacitaion and an absolute refusal to listen to or consider anecdotal evidence. It can be said that The FBI had over reacted to the Florida shootout where another inch of penetration of one bullet might have saved the lives of FBI agents and that for the FBI there is considerably more interest in terminal balistics after penetrating car bodywork.

With regard to the latter it would have been better if they had specified penetration after passing through a sheet of steel rather than just adding more to the desired penetration. Any round will be far from optimum in some circumstances but the FBI and the ammunition companies following their specification have produced loadings which are far from optimum in the majority of cases.

English

3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

I meant to pick this smilie: :cool: