9mm ammo question...

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by OneShot Airguns, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Ok.. I went in to my LGS the other day and ask if they had any 9mm in stock the guy said yeah four boxes, I said cool I'll take them.

I have a Glock 17 and normally shoot 9mm Luger but the new ammo I got is 9mm Nato 124gr is that ok to use in my 17?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Question about ammo pressures General Firearms Forum Sep 29, 2015
    Question for Seanmac - NYPD pistol and ammo testing Cop Talk Aug 27, 2015
    Question about Ghost connector and ammo nosediving General Glocking May 1, 2015
    question about .44 Spl factory ammo? The Snubbie Club Apr 27, 2015
    Speer Gold Dot ammo question....... Caliber Corner Mar 11, 2015

3. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member

Your Glock 17 was designed to fire Nato spec ammo. You will wear out long before your Glock does.

You are go to go.

4. 9mm Luger, 9mm Nato, 9mm Parabellum and 9X19mm are all different names for the same cartridge!!! Along with 9mm+P and 9mm+P+.

Some might be loaded slightly hotter but any 9mm pistol of recent manufacture in good condition will be able to safely shoot any of those. A constant diet of 9mm+P+ in an older gun might not be recommended. But for 100 or so rounds a year it should be fine.

Especially with a Glock you will be fine with any of them!
    #3 Trigger Finger, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  5. Yep. I've run that ammo through my G19 & G26 just fine, no problems.

Welcome to GLOCK TALK.
    #4 Cream Soda Kid, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. Consider yourself lucky you found that 9mm ammo, unless you paid an exorbitant price. It should be great practice ammo that comes close to duplicating your premium JHP self-defense carry rounds.
    #5 unit1069, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  7. I'm jealous! Been all over northern Arizona and southern Utah - no 9mm anywhere...not even the expensive stuff. Even Cabella's on line warehouse was out of ALL brands of 9mm ammo. We had a hoarder's rush after CT. Then a hoarder's rush after the legislation announcement. Shelves are bare. There will be a third hoarder's rush when some ammo starts to drift in. I just wanna get some to take to the range...

Get all you can before the hoarders get there!
  8. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

No problem. Use it. The 9mm Parabellum goes by many names.