close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

930 SPX accessories.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by davesretired1, Feb 27, 2011.

1. davesretired1

davesretired1

Sep 7, 2009
    Looking for suggestions on where to look for available accessories for my SPX. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. Dave

2. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    The only accessories I bought mine was an over sized charging handle by Choate, a front sling adapter and a sling.

I got them all at Brownells I think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

3. Ride5C2

Ride5C2

Jun 10, 2008
    Florida
    - Choate or Nordic Bolt handles
    - Wilson Combat sling plate (unless you have the new SPX with front sling mount already)
    - Mesa Tactical or 3GunGear side saddles
    - Brownells or Vang safety button upgrades
    - New Railed forearm (see M24's post / review)
    - Limbsaver recoil pad
    - my favorite - low recoil ammo
    - Fiocchi low recoil slugs
    - Remington Managed recoil Target loads

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  4. mdfd

mdfd

Sep 29, 2006
    I just swapped out the factory plastic safety tang for a metal one from Brownell's. I've never had a problem with the plastic ones, but have heard of issues so I did it for ease of mind. I like the stock look and feel so I just went with the same design but made out of metal. Those damn factory 1-way screws are a PITA to take off. I ended up having to dremel a slot on it and cut some of the plastic tang. I had a new 1-way screw to install w/ the metal one so it's all kosher now but I would hate to have to take that one off now that the tang is metal....

I thought about a side saddle and light but am undecided as I like to keep my SG as light as possible (although the side saddle may actually help balance it out)...

5. Ride5C2

Ride5C2

Jun 10, 2008
    Florida
    I changed my side saddle to the 3gunGear version (from the Mesa one) due to weight. It's velcro, so it doesn't weigh much in the first place, but I keep it off for clays, etc., and then slap it on for local 3gun.

Yeah, as to the safety, after struggling with that screw, I just taped off the receiver area really well and then took a pair of pliers and just broke the plastic safety off, then used the pliers to unscrew the screw. . .

6. mdfd

mdfd

Sep 29, 2006
    what screw did you end up using to replace that one? I couldn't find a replacement screw with a standard head (allen/phillips head would be nice) on it so I ended up using a brand new 1-way screw (same as the stock screw design) from Brownells but am not crazy about it and dread having to take it off again for any reason...

7. Ride5C2

Ride5C2

Jun 10, 2008
    Florida
    I just used the original one, after breaking off the plastic safety, I just gripped the screw head from the sides with rag covered pliers and unscrewed it and re-used for the new safety. . . . .in a industry full of loctite, can't figure out why this screw was made this way.

8. Ride5C2

Ride5C2

Jun 10, 2008
    Florida
    duplicate post

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011