close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

92fs/M9 vs Browning Hi Power

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by prez1967, Jul 18, 2012.

1. prez1967

prez1967

Feb 4, 2011
    Looking at input on which is the better shooter.... Currently a 1911 shooter with acouple Glocks... Looking to get into a 9mm pistol and need suggestions on which to get first ;-)

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US

3. DPris

DPris

Mar 3, 2006
    Utah
    And you'll get opposing opinions like mine that find the Browning a better shooter.

May depend partially on what your definition of "better" is.
    Denis

4. see i would disagree i ahve both and carried and shot both. i have a novak hi power, but i also have an old isrally police hi power. i carried a 92fs as a police for ten years. i thought they boith shot about the same

5. prez1967

prez1967

Feb 4, 2011
    I appreciate smooth shooting firearms... I prefer my Springfield Pro to my TRP but i still enjoy my TRP... If that helps with defining "better".

Ive been drooling over a Novaks BHP for a while and eventually whatever BHP i buy will get sent to Wayne & Co.

6. A Belgium Browning HP is a fine but somewhat outdated pistol. The Beretta shoots well but is quite large. For a general use, concealed carry self-defense, I believe a G19 is a better option.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Take a stock Beretta and a stock Browning to the range and see which ones are more mechanically accurate, has better trigger pulls, etc. Then examine to see which one has better fit & finish. Get the matte finish Browning to compare instead of the polished blued version.

The Beretta wins hands down, and that's why I have four of them as opposed to one Hi-Power.

8. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I started out with a 1911 so I don't find the HP "outdated at all. I fail to see how it even could be considered so. I find it fits my hand better. As far as accuracy, I feel they are so close that I couldn't make a blanket statement about either being "more accurate"

Without wanting to open the whole DA/SA thing, I fail to understand why "learning" the transition from DA first shot to SA is "acceptable" But "learning" to use a thumb safety is "unacceptable".

Try both if you can and see which one feels better and "learn" it's system

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  9. I'd take the HP anytime over the 92, especially if you plan on carrying it. The 92 is too big and blocky, IMO.

10. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    Yes, no one carries a beretta 92...

Much too big...

[​IMG]

11. DPris

DPris

Mar 3, 2006
    Utah
    I seriously doubt there's a useful answer to the original question, beyond "Pick the one that works the best for you."
    Denis

12. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    First thing is the gun will be more accurate than you. Or to put it a different way go to youtube and watch hickcock shoot targets at 100 yards with multiple pistols.

Second, try a glock, it is considerable different from your 1911. You may love, or not....

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Because there is no mirror polished blued Berettas available from the factory. The matte finish on the Browning is more utilitarian like the Beretta finish.

14. bigchuck83

bigchuck83

Nov 12, 2011
    Tulsa, Okla.
    i love my every day carry m9a1 Beretta that said i still want a Hi Power in poilished blue finish. i choose Beretta for now since i shoot it well.

15. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    Dude, I have the same cell phone!!! The IT nerds kept trying to get me to change it to a Droid and I kept saying hell no. I want my flip phone.

16. If only this reply could be automated to respond to every post on GT :rofl:

17. Rustin

Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    One question to decide.

Single or Double? (Action)

I much prefer single myself and I would have no doubt that I would choose the Hi power.

Don't forget the Cz-75 though!

18. Shipwreck-The-Sequel

Shipwreck-The-Sequel Beretta 92 Nut!

May 11, 2010
    Hockey City, Texas
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sadly enough, I retired it last month and got a Android phone. I wanted internet access, and I got sick of typing back to tons of text messages my wife kept sending...

Hahaha :supergrin: