close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

'92 Cbr600f2

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by nsb22, Jun 23, 2007.

1. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    I picked up a CBR the other day, and I love it. One small problem though. The choke cable broke yesterday. Is there a way to manually turn the choke on?

It's been starting fine without the choke, but just in case it won't, I'd like to know.

Thanks.

I'm also having a hard time deciding which style of fairing to go with. I think I'll end up with Airtech's stuff. The plastics on the bike aren't the best in the world. They will work for now, but they are ugly! :supergrin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/images/2CBR63%7E1.JPG[img]

I'm now debating if I want this tail section or not. The problem being that even though my wife won't ride with me, I have some friends that have been begging for rides. With this tail section, that isn't going to happen.
    [img]http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/images/2CBR69S%7E1.JPG

2. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    Well, I've made my decision. I'm going with the Smoking Joe Camel body kit. :supergrin: $595. Plus finding some one to paint it for me.

[​IMG]

Now, what color should I do it in? Metallic blue? Flat black? :headscratch:

3. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    I'll get some on Monday. Well, maybe tomorrow. Codive is getting here tomorrow evening, so I'm sure there will be some pics taken.

I'm warning you though, he put a one piece fairing on it and it looks silly. It doesn't come all the way down like it should!

4. michael t

michael t

Jul 3, 2004
    out back Ky.
    Blue with silver metal flake You and painter figure where

5. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Oct 3, 2000
    McGaheysville, VA
    Congratulations on finding a bike!

You can maybe find somebody to do it for you for materials (and beer/food) if you ask all your buddies. Volunteer to do the prep yourself under supervision and let them just spray it. I'd do it if you were local.

You'll be better off without passengers anyway. I personally HATE the way a bike handles 2-up and would only do it in an emergency.

6. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    I agree with the 2up comment. On a cruiser it probably wouldn't be too bad, but there is no way I'm doing it on a sport bike.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Congrats on the new toy. Once that thing is fixed up, she'll be sweet and pretty:banana:

And +1 on not taking a passenger. Pillion sucks. The chick needs to get her own ride.:thumbsup:

8. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

Mar 1, 2003
    AZ
    If it were me... and I was painting the bike. It would have to be red. It's a frigg'n Honda for crying out loud.

9. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

Sep 17, 2003
    cornville!
    Yeah, I just saw a candy apple red bike on another forum and I loved it. :supergrin: