close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

90% PNP cops cannot shoot

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by VICARA, Apr 24, 2009.

1. VICARA

VICARA

Jul 13, 2005
    SJ/The Sin City
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  2. liveandletlive

liveandletlive

Oct 9, 2008
    Of the things they should be proficient in, I'm sure shooting straight isn't the only thing they do not know how to do. It's the institution's fault though. Many of our LEOs are just victims of this mindset the Government is in. (Ahhh, here I go again blaming the Institution... remember the killing of the De Veras?)

Nothing a single well meaning Top Brass Officer can do about it unless he is a real deviant, carries a really big stick and is impervious to red hot flying jacketed lead.

Beep beep lang po sa BOG brother nating pulis, I'm sure you're part of the 10%.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009

3. teddyboy

teddyboy Big Dawg

Feb 17, 2006
    Quezon City
    So sad and embarrasing to hear that..... NAPOLCOM, PNP should make actions and focus on this matter! because knowing that percentage and ratio of marksmanship is real damn BAD! Goodluck!

4. I remember a few years ago, there was a uniformed police officer in Armscor Makati who was practicing with his FA, and he could'nt group. Without exagerration, the board looked like it was hit with a shotgun, instead of a pistol. I struckup a converation with him, and he told me that they had no ammo to practice with because of budget constraints. In fact he was spending his own money for the practice. How sad.

5. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    This is really sad. I wonder why there is no budget allocation for this..or baka naman meron pero..you know..ala fertilizer scam etc.

If this is the case talaga..the PNP should train its men to use sumpit and tirador

6. teddyboy

teddyboy Big Dawg

Feb 17, 2006
    Quezon City
    sir 9mx,

baka pati sumpit at tirador hindi pa tumama, beacuse some other PNP's are lazy to practice.... :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

7. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    Nakakahiya sila...
    they can't shoot straight
    they dont follow procedures
    Most PNP officials are corrupt

Take away their guns and give them arnis sticks..

8. VICARA

VICARA

Jul 13, 2005
    SJ/The Sin City
    its a sad truth indeed but i can only imagine a few reasons why. if your take home pay is not that much, i'm almost sure they will skip range time and on occasions, if ever they do, baka limit lang sa 20 putok. at baka may gumagamit pa ng paltik hangang ngayon.

I'am wondering how cops are surviving in our country. Again, I'm not lumping them up in one basket but I know a lot of them from my younger years, living a good life (night life, that is) and can afford with equal passion: alak, babae at sugal.

9. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    one thing i see thats not good also is the fact that ang org nila very centralized.

10. adenine

adenine New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Albay, Philippines
    Kulang kc sa support eh...

I remember last year sometime in January, I served at a competition in Daet, Camarines Norte, there was this PD who authorized his LEO's to join a PPSA Level 1 Sanctioned Match (Pistol & Shotgun)! As a support and encouragement to his LEO's, the first 150 volunteers were given free registration and ammo just for them to join. From what I've heard, he managed to solicit the needed funds just to support his LEO's shooting ability.

If most higher officers would give support sa kanyang nasasakupang LEO's, then we wont hear these kind of news. To the PD!!!:thumbsup::notworthy: Keep it up Sir!

11. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Well that's the bad part about nationalized services. If the service is bad, it's bad everywhere.

Another point for those pushing for federalism.

12. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

Sep 16, 2006
    Philippines
    i admit this is a sad fact. there are many reasons to consider why we have this statistics, though the main and number one reason is the lack of funds to buy practice ammo. being a gun enthusiast myself i believe how dry firing help us a lot in gun proficiency but we all know for a fact that it's far different from firing live ammos. there's one retired colonel who told me, "para guamaling ka bumaril dapat marunong kang bumil ng bala", and i believe him based on my experience. actually, i'm happy because i am doing my part by sharing my knowledge with my two classmates in training both assigned at MPD some techniques which gave them an excellent result. they're willing to buy ammos, through that they can see their hits and encouraged them much to practice more. i would suggest if you're really concern with our PNP personnel, why not share your knowledge and extra ammos and teach them to shoot. i have high respect with some of our friends here in BOG who helped me improved my proficiency through knowledge and logistics as well, to name few: 9mx, shihan, gundog, eyecutter, mco, mtho, capt barbel and darna, pogi and others... thanks guys!!! pahinging bala putok ako kaymig!:supergrin:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  13. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    It's a really sad situation. Even rookie cops are forced to buy their own sidearms. He said that if you had to wait for an issued firearm, it would take you around 8 months (if you get lucky) before you get one. And they get their money from credit companies that charge them very high rates.

Nag uumpisa pa lang, lubog na sa utang.

I even took pity to one new graduate. He bought an Armscor 1911 that the hammer followed when the slide cycled. My gunsmith-friend fixed his gun for free. When I found out that his carry load were CCI Shotshells (some stupid gunstore sold this poor guy varmint/pest ammo), I bought him Armscor FMJs.

Kawawa talaga.

14. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    ayos:rofl:

15. VICARA

VICARA

Jul 13, 2005
    SJ/The Sin City
    for me, i'm very much willing to help in any way i can, if only i'm in the neighborhood. to all BOG braders who are in the service, let me know how so we can brainstorm the idea.
    during my early years with this forum, i shipped some parts to fellow BOGs at no cost. Hindi ko lang alam kung may uniformed brother among them na naka-receive.

16. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    Ano ba stats sa America? baka ganun din ang marksmaNSHIP NG leo'S NILA
    The fact is mahirap naman talga matuto pumutok , kahit nga maraming pambili ng bala di rin matuto e

I'm not sure kung South africa ba yung naka arms embargo kaya wala silang bala pangtraining , puro dry fire ginawa nila
    Tinalo pa yata nila yung may training ammo
    In my experience the best training pa rin ang dry fire
    It's been 8 years since I stoppped ipsc pero hanggang ngayon ok pa mga draw , change mag etc
    I credit that sa huge volume ng dry pracrtice ko nun
    Pagmarunong ka na pumutok , saka ka lang magdagdag ng volume ng live

17. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Mar 2, 2008
    I bet miski papano may budget allocation yung practice ammo. Napupunta nga lang siguro sa iilan.

18. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

Mar 14, 2006
    pasig

i agree with bro saki, they should first show interest on at least going first to a shooting range, because theres a lot of good guys there who are willing to help them shoot well, but first they should buy their own ammo tlga hehe. this is their bread and butter they should have at least spend some bucks for practice. i salute our LEOs whos willing to spend some bucks for their profession.

how can somebody help us if they dont go to range, and spend some range time. kung kulang budget sa ammo pwede namn basic muna or attend some sessions im sure sooner or later me magbibigay n ng bala,

@ wag lang sana tulad ng 2 pulis kahapon sa range namin, we having a clubshoot yesterday, then biglang me pumasok na uniformed COP's (2 sila) dirediretso binuhat yung isang target board umatras habang binubunot gun kinasa putukan na. grabe naglayuan mga shooters, putok change mag then yung isa naman putok change mag. tapos umalis na sila.

nakakatakot ( siga ) natulala kami lahat ang bastos talaga. naiiyak ako sa inis, pero pinagpasensyahan nalng namin.

sory for a slight off topic

19. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

Jun 4, 2005
    Philippines
    I was shooting one day in MCS when I noticed a guy was asking for tape from one of the ROs since he forgot to bring one. He was lean, neat looking and was wearing a tactical holster with a beretta 92 (DA variant). I offered the guy tape and he "very" respectfully took my offer. I noticed while at his fring bay that he only had around 25 pieces of reloads. So curious as I was, I watched him practice. He checked the gun if it was empty and practiced draw and shoot several times. Then he placed 2 rounds and did the same - draw shoot holster. He was good! At 7+ meters, all shots were in close proximity with each other and in the A zone. And then practiced draw double top holster - all landed in A and was fast. Then, he checked if the gun was clear and again practiced without ammo. After the guy left, curious as I was, I asked the RO who he was. The RO said he was a cop and is in SWAT. I was amazed, judging from the ammo and gear he had, it is obvious that he has budget constraints but he still practiced - in his own time and with his own money. He was also very courteous and when he packed his gun, he did it facing down range and he placed the gun in a fanny pack and put it in his bag.

20. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

Mar 14, 2006
    pasig

wow that was a good expirience bro, yah they can be good and proficient with out spending much.. it is not how much is your salary is, it is how do you spend your money......'

:picard: