Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

9/11 g-17

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by norton, Sep 22, 2008.

1. This is probably common knowledge to you collectors, but how many G17's were made as 9/11 commeratives?
  2. Hello, anyone out there?
    Anyone else own one of these or in another caliber?
    I am thinking about adding adjustable sights to it. Will this decrease its value, or is this never going to be collectible?

3. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA

Good question. Unsure if there is an answer to this one.
  4. According to my research there were 1000 of each model made...G17, 21, and 22.
    As a collector of various items, I say leave it bone stock. Any modifications will lower the value IMO.
    Here is a link on the 9-11 Glocks -
    Click on "America's Heroes for more info...
  5. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Feb 13, 1999
    Central Illinois
    Yep, 1000 of each caliber/model. It is the most common Glock Commemorative out there, because of the large numbers made. Glock Commemoratives will probably not be worth much money in our lifetimes, especially these high-numbers-made ones.

My collection has one of each commemorative (except a couple that are particularly hard to come by) and they are all NIB. There are only a couple that are going to be worth significantly more in my lifetime. The rest my daughter will have to decide on whether to sell or not sometime later on. You're 9/11 tribute guns falls in this latter category. If you want to modify it, by all means do so.