close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

8th Grader Arrested over NRA Tshirt

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by Quigley, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vp6HAAfzSw"]8th Grader Arrested & Charged For Wearing 2nd Amendment Shirt - YouTube[/ame]

I hope his family gets a lot of money for this. :steamed:

2. jfost11

jfost11

Aug 18, 2012
    In the woods, VA
    I must have missed something. What was he charged with?

3. willdabeast

willdabeast

Sep 25, 2009
    According to another article I read, the charges were obstruction and disturbing the education process whatever that means.

4. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

Apr 24, 2004
    Kettering, OH
    So, basically BS "charge".

5. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
  6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    Lawyers will be beating down doors for this case.As ta the charge/s.'08. :burn:

7. KevinFACE

KevinFACE

Feb 16, 2010
    They will likely drop the charges despite lawyering up, but haven't the courts ruled that there is no free speech inside of a school?

8. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    It looks like they already dropped the charges already according to the news this morning

9. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    He will sue. Being arrested was way out of line...ridiculous!

10. jfost11

jfost11

Aug 18, 2012
    In the woods, VA
    I see no way to tie that kid's shirt to any policy on offensive clothing that I've ever come across. Now if the school mandated uniforms, I could see this holding water. I wouldn't be surprised if the school ends up going that route because of this.

11. cphilip

cphilip

Oct 17, 2006
    Clemson SC
    ... it had a picture of a scary AR 15 on it...

12. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Jun 28, 2006
    San Antonio, Texas
    what I loved about this story, is that the next day, a large group of his friends all showed up to school the very next day, him included, wearing similar t-shirts. the school did nothing; in doing nothing, they opened the door for a lawsuit. How could they single out one kid, when all those others engaged in the same activity and there were no consequences. Even more... the boy went through school all the way to 5th period with no confrontations about his shirt... until that one leftist stepped up.

I've emailed the school informing them of what a disgrace they are of denying this biy his first amendment constitutional right in the face of the fact that in middle school, the students start learning about... wait for it... YES you guess it... government, the constitution and the bill of rights!!!

now they've taken the lesson a step farther and have illustrated to the students that they are anti-consititutional... is that a lesson you'd want to teach to students?